**HAZRO HZ27WA & HZ27WC ARRIVING SOON INCLUDING NONE-GLASS VERSIONS!**

Associate
lol .... appropriate :)

8-10 times now the WD has acted a bit odd (and by odd I don't mean eating crisps alone sitting in a field wearing only your underpants) and im concerned its the monitor and not the cable - bleh !

Soldato
Well...

Fired it up. 3 green dead pixels. I cannot stand even one. Not happy.

I also noticed there's some weird mark on the screen, not visible when it's off. It honestly reminds me of a "=/" face on the screen, near the top. Thought at first I had maybe touched it there but I wiped it and nothing.

So yeah, gonna send back. Christ.

Hopefully that weird mark gets me an exchange, so I don't have to go through the whole refund process.

Soldato
LC115, you seem to just have bad luck here mate.

Have you tried rubbing the dead pixels on the screen, that worked for me once on an old monitor.

Doesn't matter about the pixels right now. That "=/" face mark is a few inches in length, and I can't get rid of it. It's a mark on the panel itself.

So yeah, my luck just sucks.

Just hoping that mark gets me an exchange, to save faffing around on the whole refund thing. I REALLY want to give this monitor a fair chance at it's the best 27" for money. It's just being an ass.

You know what's funny? I swear that bezel gap is smaller.

Last edited:
Soldato
Smaller? Hmm, maybe they improved the non glass version.

Also a scratch on it, sure that's not acceptable at all, I'm sure you can get that exchanged.

Not a scratch. More of a stain.

But argh. Maybe Hazro are putting their 'B' grade monitors as non glass at this rate. :p

Edit: No visible surface screen marks. It's an internal stain.

>=(

Edit 2: After a few more minutes of making SURE it was there (As I would go bat**** crazy if OCUK sent it back to me saying they found nothing at this point) gonna pack it away now. Sad times.

Last edited:
Soldato
jaysus , that is **** to be honest . i wouldn't blame you for being annoyed , i cant stand that carry on . I blame the peaches meself !

I know I'm very particular with what I want - NO dead pixels (not an excuse today) very minimal backlight bleed, ect, otherwise the screen just isn't worth it.

But for the love of GOD. When I first ordered my U23's about a year ago, both of the mhad massive backlight bleed and a couple of dead pixels. Bummer, I thought. Phoned up Dell and told them, they said they'd replace them ASAP. Next day, Dell guy is at the door with the two new monitors. Both are perfect. I was over the goddamn moon.

If only Dell sold glossy displays. :(

So, because of Hazro's craptacular return policy and such, I'm praying OCUK pulls through for me.

Why the hell is it so hard to get a half decent monitor these days without paying thousands for a NEC or whatever.

I'm trying to support these monitors as much as I can, because they're really that good - when they're not riddled with faults. :mad:

Last edited:
Soldato
These problems occur on some variants of the ATI 5xxx cards due to issues with the monitor being a Dual Link device [and not because its a 'Hazro']. Similar problems reported on other 30" monitors too.

Idont think this is correct. I had a Dell U2711 which worked and showed a post screen on my 5770 ati card. I used the same DVD-D cable I am using now.

On Windows 7 display it says 1. Display device on: DVI

In monitor settings it says - Monitor type - Generic PnP Monitor

I have the HZ27WC non glass. Apart from this none post issue and 1 red pixel my screen is perfect. At least I think its a red pixel -

White background its red
Blue background cant see it at all
Green background its Black
Red background cant see it

Is there a way to get rid of it?

Soldato
Why the hell is it so hard to get a half decent monitor these days without paying thousands for a NEC or whatever.

I'm trying to support these monitors as much as I can, because they're really that good - when they're not riddled with faults. :mad:

I know mate, this is kind of crap.

I know Hazro is small company and still trying to find their feet, but hell this is just wrong.

They offer a great product, but these deadpixels and now that stain is just a mess.

I got a dead pixel, but it was in the bottom right most corner and it's not even visible unless is the background is white and you really look for it.

Other then that this is the best monitor I've used, better then the dells as well along with not having that nasty dell AG coating. Lord knows they they've gotten so over zealous with it.

Associate
I feel your pain LC155!

Stick with it mate. I was one of the lucky ones and got a C model (no glass) with no faults at all. I love this monitor and I'm sure you will once you get a good example.

Hope it all turns out ok.

Cheers T9

Soldato
Idont think this is correct. I had a Dell U2711 which worked and showed a post screen on my 5770 ati card. I used the same DVD-D cable I am using now.

On Windows 7 display it says 1. Display device on: DVI

In monitor settings it says - Monitor type - Generic PnP Monitor

I have the HZ27WC non glass. Apart from this none post issue and 1 red pixel my screen is perfect. At least I think its a red pixel -

White background its red
Blue background cant see it at all
Green background its Black
Red background cant see it

Is there a way to get rid of it?

You're gonna have to try rubbing the screen around the pixel, prodding it with a pen (protecting the screen with a cloth while you do so) and running a stuck pixel checker. However, I have NEVER been able to fix a stuck pixel so that shows you my **** luck.

I know mate, this is kind of crap.

I know Hazro is small company and still trying to find their feet, but hell this is just wrong.

They offer a great product, but these deadpixels and now that stain is just a mess.

I got a dead pixel, but it was in the bottom right most corner and it's not even visible unless is the background is white and you really look for it.

Other then that this is the best monitor I've used, better then the dells as well along with not having that nasty dell AG coating. Lord knows they they've gotten so over zealous with it.

They recently increased the prices on their A/C models - I expect more QC if theyr'e going to bump it up near £50! :mad:

Kinda funny how you mention a dead pixel now - my first one also had a red dead pixel, but in the middle of the screen. Are Hazro really buying B grade screens that Dell/Apple don't want? :rolleyes:

I wish the Dell didn't have the AG coating - would go for it in a second. Great support, great warranty, great build quality, great everything. Just **** LG AG coating.

I feel your pain LC155!

Stick with it mate. I was one of the lucky ones and got a C model (no glass) with no faults at all. I love this monitor and I'm sure you will once you get a good example.

Hope it all turns out ok.

Cheers T9

I'm fully expecting it to get to the point where OCUK secretly open the box and check the thing before sending it out to me, with my kind of luck. :p

Soldato
Heh, I wish the white LEDS didn't blow out the highlights of my phone cameras.. haven't got anything better and couldn't get a photo of the 'stain' (OCUK asked if I had a picture, probably gonna delay it longer now that they have to check it out themselves I bet)

Associate
Just a bit of a warning on a design fault on the WD, the displayport is 'backwards' which means the releasing clip for it is very hard to access as it's against the back of the case in the recess (had to use a screwdriver to lever against to push the clip to get it out).

Associate
Just a bit of a warning on a design fault on the WD, the displayport is 'backwards' which means the releasing clip for it is very hard to access as it's against the back of the case in the recess (had to use a screwdriver to lever against to push the clip to get it out).

Yeah they give you a little 'lever' sure, did you not get it in the packaging ?

Associate

Ahh. Now I know what that tool that came in the box of the WD is for. It is a L-shaped metal lever, with a sticker that says: DP Lever (and a lot of chinese or korean signs).

Cheers - Klaus

Back
Top Bottom