• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

MSI Launches Dust Removal Technology

Man of Honour
Thought this was quite interesting (don't know if it has already been posted) -

http://www.tomshardware.com/news/Du...e-Geforce-GTX-580-GPU,13359.html#xtor=RSS-181

http://uk.pc.gamespy.com/articles/119/1193217p1.html

MSI has come up with a simple solution to dust build-up in your PC: GPUs equipped with cooling fans that run in reverse at full speed for 30 seconds every time you start your computer. Labeled Dust Removal technology, the fans blow dust clinging to heat sink fans and fan blades out before going back to their appointed cooling duties.

Caporegime
I think I read about this some time ago.

Yes, I seem to remember this from sometime earlier as well.

Unless the technology makes a substantial difference, I would be more interested in something like KFA did, providing the user easier access to clean the fans etc iirc. However, I'm not sure how effective that turned out to be, though it looked like a sensible enough idea.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes, I seem to remember this from sometime earlier as well.

Unless the technology makes a substantial difference, I would be more interested in something like KFA did, providing the user easier access to clean the fans etc iirc. However, I'm not sure how effective that turned out to be, though it looked like a sensible enough idea.

My KFA 570 has that, its ok for giving the fan a thorough cleana nd getting to the heatsink behind it. No game changer though and still not overly easy to clean

Back
Top Bottom