When did they start charging for NUS cards?

Soldato
Since when did you have to pay for NUS cards?

I’ve not had one since I was doing my A Levels about 6 years ago but I remember you just had to walk up to student services with a photo and they handed them out. Suppose its not too bad since I’ll probably make the money back but just wasn’t expecting it.

Soldato
They've just made a distinction, an NUS card which provides you access to NUS services and support is still free/included in your student card. The NUS extra card is the one they bargain discounts for, which you pay for, but a lot of the places that give useful discounts will give them on a normal NUS card or student card anyway.

Soldato
Had to pay for my NUS card, £10 a year I think when I was at Uni 2007-2010. made that back in savings no doubt though.

Soldato
Had to pay £11 for my NUS Extra card.. Saved me like £150 on my Mac and loads from places like Asos and Burtons, well worth the money. As far as I'm aware though its the only way to get discounts around here, though I speak to some guys up North who get discounts just for showing their student id.

Soldato
Had to pay £11 for my NUS Extra card.. Saved me like £150 on my Mac and loads from places like Asos and Burtons, well worth the money.

You can get a 13-18% discount (item depending) on mac's with a normal university ID.

Regarding NUS extra's discount perks - they tend to be more focused on women (clothing/fashion shop x infinity) so mine doesn't get used a lot.

Soldato
You can get a 13-18% discount (item depending) on mac's with a normal university ID.

Regarding NUS extra's discount perks - they tend to be more focused on women (clothing/fashion shop x infinity) so mine doesn't get used a lot.
Well I go to college, so instore I could only get like a 6% discount. But as I had access to the NUS website they have a FE and a HE NUS Apple store. So I just went onto the HE one ;)

Soldato
I get £4 off everytime I go to watch the local football team with my NUS Extra card - so made my money back after 3 games.
I've had a few other discounts here and there when we go out eating - 25% off isn't uncommon.

Back
Top Bottom