Spec me a monitor that's better than the NEC 24WMGX3??

Associate
hi there, i've had my monitor for a while now and am toying with the idea of upgrading. Not sure what to get as i've been completely out of the monitor market for a good few years.

I briefly owned the alienware 120hz monitor.. that was so bad. The difference in visual quality between the nec and that was night and day!!

Anyway, could someone kindly spec me a monitor that won't disappoint?

Many thanks :)

Associate
hi there, i've had my monitor for a while now and am toying with the idea of upgrading. Not sure what to get as i've been completely out of the monitor market for a good few years.

I briefly owned the alienware 120hz monitor.. that was so bad. The difference in visual quality between the nec and that was night and day!!

Anyway, could someone kindly spec me a monitor that won't disappoint?

Many thanks :)

What will you be using it for?
I have Dell u2711 great for office work if that gets you excited and I also have a Hazro HZ27WD glass version and THAT one makes me smile when I use it for games, HD TV, Xbox, Ps3. I previsouly had Benq FP24WZ, HP LG2475, Dell u2410 and Dell u2711, they all look dirty compared to my shiny pretty Hazro.

Associate
looks and sounds impressive... bit pricey for me though :p

If you want a monitor that will perform like your NEC 24WMGX3 then it's going to cost, I bet the NEC was in a similar price range when it was new.

The cheapest 24" IPS monitors start at £300, but if you really are looking to replace your NEC 24WMGX3 then start thinking £500 or you may be disappointed. (or just keep the NEC)

Associate
OP
i told myself i wouldn't spend so much on a monitor anymore :p

Given it's bee a couple of years, i thought things may have improved and costs would be lower (silly of me to think so really as there's absolutely no basis for it!).

hmmm.. £600 is a lot. Will mull it over. thanks for the input guys!

Back
Top Bottom