Is my tyre legal?

TS7

TS7

Soldato
Have been slacking a bit in terms of car maintence so did a pretty basic check around the car today. While doing so I discovered that the side bit of my front left tyre is heavily worn and some spots almost bold.

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images/189/tyrel.jpg/

tyrel.jpg

The red arrow above points to what part of the tyre I'm talking about. (Not my picture or tyre)

My two tyres on the rear are 7mm and the two on the front are 5mm. Just wanted to know where I stood? The rest of the tyre is fine apart from the whole of that side bit.

Going to be in uni from 9am tomorrow and the earliest I can get it seen to is tues.

Last edited:
Soldato
Yes fine.

But it does look like your tracking is slightly out.

You guys did read the OP post saying that picture is not of his tyre and says this about his tyre ??

"that the side bit of my front left tyre is heavily worn and some spots almost bold.

Op to have 5mm thread and be almost bold on the edges means your tracking is very badly out or there is something wrong with your suspension or steeering

Last edited:
Associate
Op to have 5mm thread and be almost bold on the edges means your tracking is very badly out or there is something wrong with your suspension or steeering

Or pressure has been running low for a while. Just had my tyres changed as they were much worse than the OPs due to a knackered tyre pressure gauge.

mjt

mjt

Soldato
Why would you post a picture of a random tyre? We do know what tyres look like.
Surely you have access to a camera?

TS7

TS7

Soldato
OP
Why would you post a picture of a random tyre? We do know what tyres look like.
Surely you have access to a camera?

The picture was to demonstrate the area of the tyre I was talking about. If you already know what a tyre looks like what is me posting a picture going to accomplish? I've already said the side bit (where the arrow is pointing) is heavily worn and almost bold in certain places. The remainder of the tyre is absolutely fine with plenty of depth.

Back
Top Bottom