272 Gigapixel Shanghai

Associate
kn-6ptaeRIcZDOin0aNR.png

spotted a ghost! :D

Soldato
Memoryleakfox

After a little test I found that firefox used available ram to store in high detail what I had already looked at within the image and loaded it in instantly the next time I zoomed to that area, When I have 8GB of ram to play with I'm glad it is actually using it, it actually dropped back down to 150mb after closing the tab

Google chrome seemed afraid to use any of my ram and didn't cache any of the image and had to download all the detail every time I zoomed in, Not ideal in a world where the average computer has 4GB of ram

Associate
After a little test I found that firefox used available ram to store in high detail what I had already looked at within the image and loaded it in instantly the next time I zoomed to that area, When I have 8GB of ram to play with I'm glad it is actually using it, it actually dropped back down to 150mb after closing the tab

Google chrome seemed afraid to use any of my ram and didn't cache any of the image and had to download all the detail every time I zoomed in, Not ideal in a world where the average computer has 4GB of ram

This raises a good point, wouldn't it be nice to set programs to actually use as much RAM as possible when required. Sometimes you might only be at the computer for one thing, set it to max and away you go.

Back
Top Bottom