• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

I killed my GTX570 Beast Ed :(

Associate
Having some time off work is great for relaxing, but I got alittle bored and so decided to push the limits of my GTX570 SLI.

My cards coms pre overclocked to 841/1682/19xx, I'd been running them 24/7 at 910/1820/2200 @1.1V for about 6 months, no problems or signs of degradation.

The problem with the stock BIOS is that its max Vcore limit is 1.1V and this just wasnt enough so I edited the BIOS to allow for 1.188V then flashed both cards to this modded BIOS.

With more juice to play with I was soon benching 3DMark11 @ 1000Mhz Core, temps touching 50C for the hottest card.

After 3DMark11 I tried Unigene Heaven 2.5, This Bluescreened after about 20 seconds. At this point I thought that the overclock was just unstable. I turned in for the night

About 15 minutes ago I tried to play the BF3 Beta at my normal 24/7 Clocks and it instantly crashed and then my PC shut down. Apon rebooting I noticed that the second card wasn't listed in the control panel, in the nVidia panel or GPU-Z... I've reseated both cards, checked power cables ETC... no signs of damage but haven't checked under the waterblock yet.

It had 10 minutes of 1GHz glory, then died a sad death R.I.P GTX570 Beast Ed.

Sad times.

Caporegime
Having some time off work is great for relaxing

You might also be getting some time off the forum if you don't get the title of your thread changed.

From the FAQ:

OcUK would like you and your whole family to learn and share via our forums. For this reason swearing and the posting of "adult" or offensive material is forbidden. Simply replacing some of the letters in a swearword with a * or any other character is not acceptable. If you must then please replace the whole word with ***** or other repeated character.

Perhaps you should grovel to a Mod. and ask them to change it for you.

Associate
OP
You might also be getting some time off the forum if you don't get the title of your thread changed.

From the FAQ:

Perhaps you should grovel to a Mod. and ask them to change it for you.

Yeah your right, sorry mods please remove the obvious naughty word... I was abit upset about killing a card that cost me £330

Draining the loop at the mo

Back
Top Bottom