Cable braiding tutorial

Soldato
Nevermind... gave it to the fiancee and she managed to do it in like 5 seconds -.-

Have now tried a different cable and managed to do that one with a bit more force, and she couldn't do my original one so think it's the cable being lame..

kd

Last edited:
Soldato
can someone advise, how much braid I should get ? how many meters ?
for sata cables, all PSU cables...
I know I could just measure them but am bit lazy ;) and not even close to my PC :)
Thanks

Soldato
OP
Quite literally how long is a piece of wire? The only way anyone could answer that question is if they had the same psu as you and measure for you. The easiest way is to check for yourself.

Soldato
OP
Simply put - It looks pretty :D It is just the next step of customisation after painting / powder coating the case, painting fans, running coloured fluid in watercooling loops etc.

Soldato
OP
It is down to the individual really, like painting fans or powder coating internals is it worth it? It certainly isn't needed so only you can answer that.

Associate
Thanks for the guide it is very helpful indeed. got my 24pin done, all sata and i/o port connections done too. I will soon start on my fans and after that, I will get my pci-e cables done. However I am a little concerned with the pci-e cables as there is this bulgy part near the graphics card connector. I am insure as to what i should do so any advice would be much appreciated.

Sorry for the horrible iphone pic but hopefully this clarifies what the problem is at hand.

IMG_0150.jpg

Soldato
OP
I don't know what it is, not had a psu with though I have seen them in picturee before. Is there individual wires both sides as I would guess it is just a clip of some sort but I don't know.

Associate
I think I wont chance it and end up killing the power supply cable, I might just buy some extensions and rebraid it to the colour scheme i guess. These cables are from the Corsair ax1200 if that helps.

its a ferrite block, cut off the plastic and sleeve then hit it with a hammer to break it off. You don't really need it.

(Warranty invalidated at your own risk, I am not an expert etc)

Associate
TBH, i'd only cable braid for custom colours/combo coloured cables.

If you just want solid colours then the bitfenix extensions are much easier. That said I'd like to mod a PSU so all the cables are exactly the right length an all spaced appropriately for my HDD etc.

Back
Top Bottom