BenQ XL2420T Now available

Soldato
It's on back order which means it isn't really 'available'. At least not readily so. I really hope some people are able to get hold of these from BenQ but they have stated that mid December remains their expected retail launch date so don't get your hopes up prematurely. ;)

Soldato
It's on back order which means it isn't really 'available'. At least not readily so. I really hope some people are able to get hold of these from BenQ but they have stated that mid December remains their expected retail launch date so don't get your hopes up prematurely. ;)

thanks ..this is true i have emailed a few places for a date and i have been told 20th Dec as a stock date,but this might change i,d say January is a good month ha! ;)

Soldato
That's great, but that says nothing about UK retail availability which is expected in the middle of December as I keep saying. That includes when OcUK may get some in if you're lucky. ;)

thanks ..this is true i have emailed a few places for a date and i have been told 20th Dec as a stock date,but this might change i,d say January is a good month ha! ;)
Please READ ! ITS mid dec ! think that 2 weeks time !

Soldato
Some people aren't bound by only UK retailers. :)

No but this is a UK-based forum so I don't want people gaining false hope based on availability in Europe or extortionate prices from retailer backorders. Basically - the title of the thread itself leads people into here and then they go away disappointed.

In case anybody missed it. The BenQ XL2420T will be available in the UK for around £270 in mid December at the earliest. If you want to pay more to get one from Europe before then without any reviews being available then be my guest. :)

Associate
OP
No but this is a UK-based forum so I don't want people gaining false hope based on availability in Europe or extortionate prices from retailer backorders. Basically - the title of the thread itself leads people into here and then they go away disappointed.

In case anybody missed it. The BenQ XL2420T will be available in the UK for around £270 in mid December at the earliest. If you want to pay more to get one from Europe before then without any reviews being available then be my guest. :)

Yes because you speak for everyone now? Just because you aren't prepared to pay out or buy from other places in Europe, doesn't mean no-one else will. Not everyone waits for full length detailed reviews on everything they buy, for better or for worse. :)

Edit* Also just saying, not everyone who uses this forum is from the UK, nor obliged to be.

Soldato
Yes because you speak for everyone now? Just because you aren't prepared to pay out or buy from other places in Europe, doesn't mean no-one else will. Not everyone waits for full length detailed reviews on everything they buy, for better or for worse. :)

Edit* Also just saying, not everyone who uses this forum is from the UK, nor obliged to be.

Well i think that more people like to know what there going to buy before parting cash ! and why would anyone want to pay more for something that will be available in there own counrty ( UK ) in 2 weeks time ?seems kind of odd to me ha ! Also i would say that the majority of people on this forum are British but i,m not saying people from other countries don,t read what it said i,m just saying what was said that THIS is a UK based Forum :)

Soldato

Don't dig that hole too deep or you'll never get out. You seem to make a number of incorrect assumptions above. If I want to get hold of this monitor I won't pay a penny. If you knew anything about me or frequented this part of the forum more often you'd know that I have a very deep insight into the UK and international monitor markets and am privy to information not available to your average consumer. I can tell you bluntly that people in the UK are generally very unwilling to part with their cash when it comes to buying a PC monitor and value a quick, efficient and cost effective solution - that means a monitor from the UK which has received lots of positive feedback. None of this currently applies to the XL2420T and you are doing readers a diservice by misleading OcUKs majority cohort. I might as well start a thread about the LG DX2500 - a 25 inch autostereoscopic monitor that is now available... for over £700... in South Korea.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
Well i think that more people like to know what there going to buy before parting cash ! and why would anyone want to pay more for something that will be available in there own counrty ( UK ) in 2 weeks time ?seems kind of odd to me ha ! Also i would say that the majority of people on this forum are British but i,m not saying people from other countries don,t read what it said i,m just saying what was said that THIS is a UK based Forum :)

Like I said, not everyone lives by the same rules. Also I'm not usually one to be a grammar Nazi but sweet Jesus. ' This is an Apostrophe, "," and this is a Comma.

Associate
OP
Don't dig that hole too deep or you'll never get out. You seem to make a number of incorrect assumptions above. If I want to get hold of this monitor I won't pay a penny. If you knew anything about me or frequented this part of the forum more often you'd know that I have a very deep insight into the UK and international monitor markets and am privy to information not available to your average consumer. I can tell you bluntly that people in the UK are generally very unwilling to part with their cash when it comes to buying a PC monitor and value a quick, efficient and cost effective solution - that means a monitor from the UK which has received lots of positive feedback. None of this currently applies to the XL2420T and you are doing no a diservice by misleading OcUKs majority cohort. I might as well start a thread about the LG DX2500 - a 25 inch autostereoscopic monitor that is now available... for over £700... in South Korea.

Oh get off you're high horse, honestly. You can say my assumptions are false, but I can say the same to yours. All you're doing is generalizing the public. Come back when you have proof that 99% of the UK will never spend an extra penny to get something sooner.

Soldato
2 weeks sooner? Before Christmas? If people are that desperate to get hold of a product that they know little about they won't need to be told to do so on the forums. And keep your US English to yourself if you're going to get petty with other forum members about language. And it should be "your" not "you're" in the previous post. Gets tiresome doesn't it?

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom