*** Youtube/Video thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
This recently rocked up on a friend's wall back in September. At the time I was on a ship at sea, with heavily filtered V-Sat internet that prevented me from viewing this at the time. I've had to wait until I got home from South Korea on Tuesday morning, after four flights, 19 hours in the air and another 9 waiting for connections in airports across the globe.

What the video depicts is the squadron tool from my Air Training Corps days as a teenager, humiliating himself on the Krypton Factor before a national (and now international thanks to the internet) audience.

Totally worth the epic voyage. :D

Last edited:
Soldato
There's no such law, when they do arrest you for not giving details they arrest you under suspicion of having committed a crime because of it.

It seems there's an exception for road traffic offences
http://www.freebeagles.org/articles/Legal_Booklet_4/lb4-2.html
2.1 Giving your details
Other than under road traffic and anti-social behaviour legislation, you do not commit an offence in English law by refusing to give your name and address to the police. However there are certain situations where the police may arrest you if they cannot establish your name and address, and if you are arrested and charged with an offence you will be unlikely to be granted bail unless they can establish these details.

Irrespective of whether an offence was committed prior to that video, it's very poor that the police officer (assuming he was a real) didn't know the laws that he is supposed to be enforcing.

mrk

mrk

Man of Honour
Agreed. Sums up a lot of cyclists on the road these days, thinking they are above the law.

Well they are if the people who are supposed to uphold the law don't know the law.

I'm not even a cyclist and I am in full support of the cyclist in the video. Plus the copper looks funny. If it was me I'd have trouble controlling my sniggering.

Soldato
An up his own backside cyclist winding up a copper just because he has a camera. What an idiot. 'Am I obliged blah blah' :rolleyes:

Maybe so but if he's right then what's the problem? Far too many coppers do this and people go along with it trusting he knows what he's doing. For me im not clued up about the law like some so i would probably go along with what he said and trust in his judgment but if you know he's selling you a line of horsehockey then giving him grief about it is the right thing to do in my book.

Soldato
That cyclist has been watching too many "The Anti Terrorist" videos on you tube, me thinks. However, the copper was a bit of an idiot and should have diffused the situation and acted appropriately rather than like a ***.

Interesting video!

Caporegime
Well they are if the people who are supposed to uphold the law don't know the law.

I'm not even a cyclist and I am in full support of the cyclist in the video. Plus the copper looks funny. If it was me I'd have trouble controlling my sniggering.

BS. They copper saw him run a red light, then the plank refuses to give his details. We all know there is a law broken there, and we all know he is now just being an arrogant pleb just to try and troll his way out of a fine.

So what if the copper doesn't know the exact law number and phrase used to describe it, or even if there was a law about providing details at all. The guy was being a ****.

Is it really any wonder that we have such "controversy" surrounding our police forces if this is the kind of crap they continually put up with for even the most open-shut cases out there?

Besides which, anyone can be detained "until identity is discovered" (i.e. until you 'fess up your name/address), under one of the pubic order act iirc.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom