GordyR's Beginners Guide to Bodybuilding

Associate
Thanks. You're probably right. Originally considered adding a 4th meal, possibly post work out? It is usually quite late... Just need to think of something easy to do besides from my normal diet!

Last edited:
Soldato
If you want to gain muscle, you'll want to be doing more than cycle and box.

When I box, I don't go near a gym or traditional weight-lifting at all and I don't have any trouble packing on muscle.

Not disagreeing with the rest of your advice, I like gym too when I'm not boxing :D and it's probably the right answer for most as I spend about 15 hours a week boxing training.

Associate
I used to do bodybuilding in my late teens. Now aged 28 I have really let go I no longer eat well (normally once a day and that is normally junk) and am in very bad shape.

I know getting my fitness up is main priority atm.

Anyways I have got to the point that enough is enough and considering starting bodybuilding again.

I know how important diet is but I just have no appetite. I am very slim now and very badly out of shape.

Would it be best for me to start again doing both bodybuilding,fitness and sorting diet out at same time, or would be best to sort diet out and fitness first then start bodybuilding?

Also any recommendations on how to get past the no appetite as force feeding myself makes me feel sick?

Man of Honour
There is no bodybuilding without a good diet.

Why can't you sort both out at the same time? Going to the gym will probably increase your appetite. You could also try protein shakes as it make it easier to get the required protein in, and eating things like nuts is a great way of consuming a lot of calories fairly easily.

Associate
There is no bodybuilding without a good diet.

Why can't you sort both out at the same time? Going to the gym will probably increase your appetite. You could also try protein shakes as it make it easier to get the required protein in, and eating things like nuts is a great way of consuming a lot of calories fairly easily.

tbh that what I thought myself but wanted 2nd opinions. Just got to be careful that I dont push myself to hard and jump in head first like I do most things lol. It's been so long since I have done any sort physical activity.

Think I was thinking if start eating better for couple weeks then start training might make it little easier to get back into shape ect. But it seems like wont make much dif so best just get started. Time to send the wife shopping :).

Man of Honour
We have decided to release this thread as we need to free up “Sticky” space. We have however, added the link to the S.A. “SA Rules and links thread” sticky for future reference and your convenience. This means followers of all different sports can have a feature thread linked from this page rather than having too many “Stickies” which seems fair.

SA Moderation team

Soldato
Don't think there's much point; if we did that then the parent SA forum would be basically barren, and the only activity would be going on in the Football and Gym Ratz areas!

Permabanned
Yeah, I think a seperate gym rats forum could be a good idea as I think more people would be more likely to post journals rather than feeling they may clog up SA in its current state.

That said though I can see why it could make SA a bit empty though!!!

Associate
So, I've just embarked on this regime ahead of summer. I want to see results by October, hopefully. Over the weekend I went and bought everything I would need to start bulking up, including a balanced variety of food and a large amount of whey.

I must say though, consuming 3000 calories a day seems really surreal and my body just doesn't know what is going on. I'm drinking tonnes of water alongside the calories, and following the Monday/Wednesday/Friday routine on the first page. Felt excellent after leaving the gym yesterday, could barely lift my arms.

Soldato
Guys,

For the abdominal workouts I can rarely do squats (and likewise for back, can rarely do deadlifts) because of hogging/far too long a wait at my local gym for the bar/bar area.

I'm looking at moving gym.

In the meantime what's the next best thing?

Back
Top Bottom