** NEW SAMSUNG 750D & 950D True 120Hz LED Monitors - PRE-ORDER! **

Caporegime
From Samsung:

Samsung Electronics (UK) Ltd support a product purchased in Europe if it has an EU Bloc Warranty. This warranty is present where the top of the product warranty card clearly states 'European Bloc'. If the product is purchased in another part of the globe then Samsung may attempt a repair. Samsung Electronics (UK) Ltd cannot guarantee the outcome.

Soldato
Have some trouble,

now and again my 950D, displayport turned off & on randomly.. come home tonight Doesn't work at all.

HDMI is fine. So,
either 950D display port is dead
or both 570GTX cards are both dead.
Cable is dead.

Keeping in mind that my LP2475W on displayport was crapped out recently and has line over the screen with the 570gtxs aswell.

Cards or Screen? :)

Soldato
so just under a week after testing with various adapters.

Looks like my 950D Display port no longer works..

Tried

Displayport to Displayport - No picture

MON ------ PC
DP ------- DP - No Picture
DP ------ DVI - No picture
DP ------ HDMI - No Picture

PC ------ MON
DP ------ DP - No Picture
DP ------ DVI - Picture
DP ------ HDMI - Picture
DVI ----- DVI - Picture
HDMI ----- HDMI - Picture

Associate
Hey guys, I've been using the S27A750D for a while now and still love it (huge thanks to PCM2's review settings, group view with tweeks makes it even more amazing)! Only thing is I'm currently on a Radeon 5870 and thinking of switching to the Nvidia 680 GTX (which has displayport!) but I want to know will I still be able to game/watch movies in 3D with a nvidia gfx card using the samsung glasses and monitor without having to install some hack thing or does only nvidia 3d vision work with nvidia cards?

Looking forward to a good answer else might have to stick with an AMD gfx card (I don't use 3D much at all but it's nice to be able to have that option should I want it!), I have no issue with AMD the 5870 has served me well but time to move on soon I think

Associate
I have not had any problems using the 3D with samsungs software with my 570 :)

So doesn't matter if you have nvidia or AMD graphics cards you can still use 3D (Tridef) with the samsung glasses as long as u are on displayport? nice if so! :) I'm sure I read somewhere that this monitor was better for AMD cards not nvidia, I suppose that's only because AMD seem to have "adopted" DisplayPort sooner?

Cheers

Soldato
So doesn't matter if you have nvidia or AMD graphics cards you can still use 3D (Tridef) with the samsung glasses as long as u are on displayport? nice if so! :) I'm sure I read somewhere that this monitor was better for AMD cards not nvidia, I suppose that's only because AMD seem to have "adopted" DisplayPort sooner?

Cheers

To the best of my knowledge that's correct, but I'd wait for someone who knows something about monitors to confirm that for you :)

I personally have not noticed any issues with my 570 (it has DP)

Soldato
To the best of my knowledge that's correct, but I'd wait for someone who knows something about monitors to confirm that for you :)

I personally have not noticed any issues with my 570 (it has DP)

Are you able to run it in Frame Sequential mode rather than Side By Side for 3D? The issue with Nvidia GPUs initially was that SBS was the only option supported by the drivers. It seems that has been fixed now.

Associate
So can someone tell me is it still possible to use the 285.62 drivers and fool Nvidia 3D Vision into thinking this is a compatible monitor, as I am tempted to order a S27A950. but have a GB 480GTX SOC.

Soldato
I'll have a look when I get home... How do I put it into frame sequential again?:p

If you fire up a game through TriDef and then press the 3D button on the monitor it should tell you which mode it's operating in. If I remember correctly Battlefield 3 has its own internal stereoscopic support (it doesn't require TriDef) and that never had problems running on Frame Sequential on Nvidia GPUs. So maybe try another title if you can. :)

Associate
Tried to play some BF3 in 3D yesterday evening and couldn't seem to get it working on my 5870, havn't looked into 3D gaming that much as I got this screen for the 120hz(tried some Portal 2 ages ago in 3D which looked amazing but too bad fps).

So maybe I do need an nvidia card for BF3? I just don't want to get 3D vision as it should work with this screen+glasses hmmmm... grrr

Associate
I have the "not optimal res" message appear as some others do, i went to look at the samsung sit and they have a firmware update released 17th April i bought my monitor on the 19th, anyway went to upgrade and it says i alraedy hae! surely it wouldn't have been upgraded that quick at OC?
Just want to fix this optium message, cant find the newest driver at the moment!
regards
Guy

Back
Top Bottom