Riots in Tottenham, London! (NO RACIST COMMENTS)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Soldato
why cant you say black/white when this is a good identification? how is it being racist? some are black some are white no one is saying "he's at fault because he's black" that would be racist but saying black or white is the same as saying he was fat and had blue eyes with a big anus on his forehead.

Soldato
I think it does, when the whole thing started when a black man was killed by the police, known gangster and criminal, then the black community protested about his death then went on the rampage, London is a lost cause.

But the man wasn't arrested or charged for being black (on the one arrested today), nor did he commit the crime because he was black, nor were people who were also there during the crime (the people that one guy in the interview was referring to) were participating because they may have been black. So the issue is nothing to do with being black in that sense as being black isn't a modifier to the behaviour of the individual or of significance to the story.

The original guy shot was black but was not shot for being black, hence black again being used as an inappropriate modifier to the story.

Last edited:
Permabanned
But the man wasn't arrested or charged for being black, nor did he commit the crime because he was black, nor were people who were also there during the crime (the people that one guy in the interview was referring to) were participating because they may have been black. So the issue is nothing to do with being black in that sense as being black isn't a modifier to the behaviour of the individual or of significance to the story.

I agree, but I think it is a perfectly acceptable to ask why so many of the offenders were black.

Soldato
I agree, but I think it is a perfectly acceptable to ask why so many of the offenders were black.

Because they were? The fact that black people took part is not the issue, which is why its inappropriate to bang on about a black man being arrested for a crime therefore blacks out.

The issue is that people took part and rioted for a variety of reasons, which don't revolve around the colour of someones skin.

Permabanned
Because they were? The fact that black people took part is not the issue, which is why its inappropriate to bang on about a black man being arrested for a crime therefore blacks out.

The issue is that people took part and rioted for a variety of reasons, which don't revolve around the colour of someones skin.

You have completely missed my point.

Permabanned

Yes I'm sure it's just a coincidence that blacks decided to riot en masse in response to a black man being shot :)

Why do so many blacks idolise criminals and hate the police by the way?

Man of Honour
Yes I'm sure it's just a coincidence that blacks decided to riot en masse in response to a black man being shot :)

Look at all the people who have been convicted for riot related offences, there is a good spread of all races and backgrounds.

Why do so many white people do the same?

Soldato
You have completely missed my point.

Yeah just noticed, scrolling up is a sensible life choice I didn't make on this occasion and missed the joining statement.

Why do you take such a negative view of people who are black? You are taking the people who chose to riot and using them as the dominant majority of a group of people you have labeled as black because of their skin colour. I doubt hating the police is a characteristic of someone who is black any more than of someone who is white

Soldato
You can say black as long as it is on a positive manner, just as Harriet Harman did.

why can you say white in any manner then? i dont see a difference? personally i dont care if a person is black red white or blue it doesn't change a thing so why should i avoid saying it ? and i do avoid saying it even tho i don't feel like it should hurt anyones feelings as the whole "Racism" thing is just over done.. dont say that dont say this

yet at school i was called "the white guy" did i give much of a f? no i did not because i am white should i get butthurt because of that? i know people would if i said "the black guy" because its racist aye.. i don't the whole racism i don't get it how it works tbh.. :) its seems like people are abusing it..

Soldato
Because the colour of someones skin is irrelevant to the actions they are taking.

Pretty clear to see that the bloke interviewed was trying to make an issue of the guy being black when it was not a cause or a factor in what was going on.

So the line of dull political correctness and flat out racism is drawn when people are making an issue of being a certain colour regardless of the action.

I'm sorry but if I see a giant gang of black people doing something wrong, I'm going to call it a giant gang of black people.

Man of Honour
Yep censoring news which happens to be embarrassing or unpalatable, it's like being in Soviet Russia.

That man better watch out, it's illegal to speak the truth about immigration these days, he'll find himself up in court alongside tram woman.

No, it's illegal to incite racial hatred. There should be a distinct difference between stating your views on immigration and racial hatred, if there isn't then it says a lot more about you than it does about anyone else.

I'm sorry but if I see a giant gang of black people doing something wrong, I'm going to call it a giant gang of black people.

Out of morbid curiosity - does the colour matter? It may well be a superficial detail, of potential use for identification to the police but that's about it - if I get mugged by someone then I'm really not concerned about their skin colour, their background, their socio-economic status, their religious views or anything much else, their defining feature for me is that they are a criminal who has just mugged me but I wouldn't presume that similarities in appearance between them and anyone else tells me anything about whether people who look like that are also likely to commit a crime against me.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom