Dereck Chisora slaps Vitali Klitschko ahead of title fight

Soldato
even after watching a couple of different anges i still say Haye acted in self defense :p
the guy invaded his space in a threatning manner and given his history it was quite certain that Haye was about to be assaulted.

Soldato
Only a good decision if haye gets the same! Hayes lucky not to get done for assault. If i bottled someone i would expect to get done.

Haye never bottled anyone, and with Chisora's reputation, i would have thrown the first punch as well if i was David Haye, not to mention Chisora taking off his jacket on the approach which to me indicates he's coming up for a fight, damn right i would have thrown the first punch.

Associate
Only a good decision if haye gets the same! Hayes lucky not to get done for assault. If i bottled someone i would expect to get done.

Haye didn't bottle him, one of the videos shows him punching him while holding a bottle.
Also haye can't be banned as he has retired and no longer holds a license. If he were to re-applt for a license i doubt he would get one.

Soldato
Haye never bottled anyone, and with Chisora's reputation, i would have thrown the first punch as well if i was David Haye, not to mention Chisora taking off his jacket on the approach which to me indicates he's coming up for a fight, damn right i would have thrown the first punch.
Is this still not assault? Haye clearly prevokes chisora IMO.

Haye didn't bottle him, one of the videos shows him punching him while holding a bottle.
Also haye can't be banned as he has retired and no longer holds a license. If he were to re-applt for a license i doubt he would get one.
You can get banned from driving without having a license, assume boxing is the same.

I still think it's wrong to suspend him before the hearing.

Indeed, still other boxing federations he's still in though

Soldato
In the US (depending on which State) You're allowed to defend yourself, with reasonable force if someone is approaching you in an aggressive manner. I like to call it a common sense law ! If this was in the USA, Haye would not be questioned, banned or anything for that matter. Chisora was the aggressor and deserves IMHO a 6-12month ban. But more for the spitting and slapping over anything.. The starting a fight at the conference was the icing on the cake.

Caporegime
Slapping a fighter at the weigh in.

Spitting on another fighter's face.

Starting/Instigating a brawl at a press conference.

All within such a short space of time.

He is lucky to not of been handed a permanent ban from every boxing organisation tbh.

Caporegime
Correct decision IMO

Definitely the right decision...boxing doesnt need utter knobs like Chisora to bring the sport into further disrepute. The guy needs to get his act together, get some anger management done because god knows who much the idiot needs it. Wasnt he accused of beating his gf because he found a text on her phone from another guy??...luckily didnt get any jail time because of Warren sticking up for him...what a thoroughly despicable fellow he is.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom