Marvel Controller

Associate
Firstly, I wasn't sure whether this is a software or hardware question so I decided to place it here, my apologies if this is in the wrong place.

So recently, I've decided to update my motherboard to the latest update. Everything went fine, albeit a little hiccup; got booting priorites wrong as well as the fact that it switched from ACHI to IDE. Anyway, I changed all that back and now everything seems to be running fine. I've noticed that there's a Marvell controller, as well as a boot-up option. I've set it to ACHI mode as well, but disabled the boot up. Basically, after it shows the motherboard splash screen, it displays an error message saying that it can't find boot-up device. However, it then boots up to my login screen, so it's there for only a split second.

No harm, but I kept it disabled. I have a Asrock Extreme 4 Gen 3, my primary boot-up device is a Corsair Force GT 60GB SSD which is set to SATA0. Should I keep the Marvell Boot Up disabled?

Thank you!

Soldato
Why disable it? The Marvell controller runs some of the SATA ports on your motherboard, as Intel don't provide enough directly from the chipset. I can't see what you're achieving by disabling it apart from creating an error message.

Associate
OP
Fair point. So far I've kept it disabled all this time, the only thing it says when I enable it "No disk found!" then loads the splash screen, then onto normal boot up. Is that normal even if I have my SSD on SATA 0?

Associate
I would Disable the Marvell controller altogether as it's one less thing to have to be initialized when you start the PC and should get rid of the "No disk found" error. I have mine disabled in the bios as I don't need the ports at the moment.

Last edited:
Associate
Fair point. So far I've kept it disabled all this time, the only thing it says when I enable it "No disk found!" then loads the splash screen, then onto normal boot up. Is that normal even if I have my SSD on SATA 0?

You most likely have your SSD in Sata 0 on the intel controller.

marvel sata 0 is a different port!, may even be called sata_m0.

Back
Top Bottom