Spec me sunglasses

Soldato
I need some sunglasses, ones suitable for many situations.

I'd like some decent sport optics and don't mind paying a premium for good ones. I quite like Oakley lenses but nothing in their current range does it for me in the style department, in fact I think the majority of their offerings are plain ugly.

Not too fussed about reflective lenses or whatever, however polarising would be an advantage.

I'll be using them for cycling, road driving and track days hence the necessity for high quality optics.

Any suggestions of where to look?

Man of Honour
Man of Honour
Bloc have some similar in shape to the Oakley range but different enough that they suit me and Oakleys don't. They have good lenses that don't muck about with the colour of everything and both sides are identical. I've had cheap shades where there has beena slight difference in each lens and it annoyed me. I use mine for cycling as well :)

Permabanned
kim-jong-il.jpg

Soldato
I'm looking for an affordable pair for cycling. Seen some Endura ones which look ok for the money.

Your budget seems to be a little more than mine! Some of the Oalkey ones are lovely!

Soldato
I have a solid pair from Boots, £25 "sporty" ones although they're very basic and get the job done. Use them for biking, skiing et al, a good budget option and going strong for 2 years now.

Associate
Anyone else get an annoying problem with their sunglasses that the tips of your eyelashes brush off the inside of the lens? I've had many pairs of reading glasses and it's never happened but I always seem to get it with sunglasses.

I've a pair of Ray-Ban Aviators that are acceptable enough comfort wise but I feel like a bit of a douche walking down the street with them. What would be a recommendation for a good pair of polarised shades to try?

Back
Top Bottom