Results of my 1st attempt at overclocking

Soldato
I am so chuffed this deserves its own thread :D

4.8GHz stable, settled at 65c on 1.38v (in bios, cpu-z show 1.4 for some reason)

overclock.png

Soldato
Not impressed until intel burn test - HIGH / 20 runs

Mine can do 1.385 @ 4.7GHZ ( 75/77C )

:p

This.

Though 10 runs and a few hours on BF3 should suffice :p

Had a few OC's in the past that were 'prime stable' and then died a horrible death after 2 IBT runs.

Currently at 4.8ghz @ 1.32v (48/52c).

Did have 5.3ghz @ 1.44v for some benches, was a little un-easy heading over 1.42v even under water.

Caporegime
IBT so far with 20 runs, all threads and HIGH and it seems to run cooler?

Nice :cool::cool:

Just to make sure was the overclock staying at it's turbo rated speed of 4.8ghz?, when mine went cooler it was because the CORE LIMIT wattage was too low so it dropped back to default..

GG though :D

Soldato
OP
Nice :cool::cool:

Just to make sure was the overclock staying at it's turbo rated speed of 4.8ghz?, when mine went cooler it was because the CORE LIMIT wattage was too low so it dropped back to default..

GG though :D

I didnt sit and watch it constantly lol, I played GoW3 :p Kept looking over and never noticed it dropping from 4.8GHz.

Soldato
OP
OK I am having 2 problems that may, or may not be related to my overclock.

I haven't changed anything since yesterday but now MSN keeps crashing and restarting, and my USB speakers keep cutting off. No errors reported, they just stop playing sound until I mute and unmute them.

Prime doesn't crash anything, and 20 runs of IBT on high ran fine. And I can run folding@home with no issues, so I am hoping I didnt do something wrong!

Back
Top Bottom