Dilemma

Caporegime
Right bit of a dilemma here, i have an iphone 4 32gb that im kinda getting bored of so fancy a new change. Im not a huge fan of Android as it is but am willing to give it a go with the new handsets out ie im looking at the Galaxy Nexus or the S2.

Now i have a couple of options, one is to sell the iphone 4 32gb outright...its in pristine condition ie no scratches etc but was wondering what sort of price id get for it. I was looking at around £350 or is that too expensive??.

The other option i have is one of my mates has a brand new Galaxy Nexus for sale and also has a slightly used Galaxy S2...both i have seen today and the slightly used S2 doesnt look used at all. He offered to take my iphone4 off me for a straight swap of either handset.

So the good folks of OCUK, what do you think??...should i just sell it outright or go for the swap and if i do go for the swap...which Galaxy should i plump for?? the S2 or the Nexus??.

Soldato
Go for the Nexus if you don't mind it having a slighty worse camera and videocamera than the SGS2 and no sd card slot.

If you can live with than that then the Nexus is the nicer phone IMO. Nicer design and screen (although the screen is not as bright as the SGS2) and stock ICS which looks the best.

Caporegime
OP
Hmmm does the SGS2 have that face unlock or is that only available on the Galaxy Nexus??

Still not really sure, dont know if its worth me waiting for the SGS3 as ive heard that out pretty soon.

Man of Honour
What do you think of the HTC One X? It's a much nicer looking handset than the rest and HTC Sense adds an iPhone-esque polish to the interface.

I'm getting one this week! :p

Otherwise I'd definitely suggest the Nexus over the S2.

Soldato
Hmmm does the SGS2 have that face unlock or is that only available on the Galaxy Nexus??

Still not really sure, dont know if its worth me waiting for the SGS3 as ive heard that out pretty soon.

Both have the face unlock - its a feature on Android 4.0. Both are just aswell built.

SGSIII is worth waiting for IMO.

Caporegime
OP
What do you think of the HTC One X? It's a much nicer looking handset than the rest and HTC Sense adds an iPhone-esque polish to the interface.

I'm getting one this week! :p

Otherwise I'd definitely suggest the Nexus over the S2.

Well hello there Robbo:p...had a look at the One X the other day in the 3 shop and wasnt all that impressed with it...cant really explain why though funnily enough. Compared to the SGS2, the SGS2 i found was a nicer handset than the One X.

Both have the face unlock - its a feature on Android 4.0. Both are just aswell built.

Oh right...so both the SGS2 and Galaxy Nexus come shipped with Android 4.0??

Man of Honour
You've lost the plot! All these BlackBerry's must have warped your perception of reality.

:D

Seriously, get the Nexus, the software is infinitely better than what you'll get with TouchWiz ICS on the Galaxy S 2 (I have both!).

Caporegime
OP
You've lost the plot! All these BlackBerry's must have warped your perception of reality.

:D

Seriously, get the Nexus, the software is infinitely better than what you'll get with TouchWiz ICS on the Galaxy S 2 (I have both!).

LOL seriously though i just dont know which one to go for lol. This is the problem with Android...too many handsets that are similar lol.

You think its worth waiting for the SGS3?? i dont mind waiting a few mths if need be.

Caporegime
OP
If you're happy to wait, then yes, it's probably wise.

Yep i think ill hang fire till the SGS3 comes out then decide i guess.

Oooh one other question if you please Robbo...in terms of mp3 playback what are the Androids like??..are they are as good or better as the iphone4 or are they worse??. I rip my mp3s to 320kbps and they sound good on my iphone4.

Man of Honour
Generally they are worse than the iPhone, I can notice a clear difference in audio quality between the iPhone 4/4S/Nexus and S2.

Hopefully the S3 will have a better DAC (like they had in the original Galaxy S).

Caporegime
OP
Generally they are worse than the iPhone, I can notice a clear difference in audio quality between the iPhone 4/4S/Nexus and S2.

Hopefully the S3 will have a better DAC (like they had in the original Galaxy S).

Grrr thats no good...well lets hope they do put a better DAC in the SGS3...i take it the One X is pretty much the same although i note that it has beats audio thingy in it??.

Back
Top Bottom