Sad news indeed. RIP Jack Tramiel

Soldato
RIP - not many people have a popular OS named after them (the unfortunately named TOS - Tramiel Operating System). I had both an ST then after an Amiga and without him I'd probably have owned neither.

Associate
I am still the proud owner of my Atari 520 ST FM and still have geoff Crammonds Formula One Grand Prix on it, love it to bits.

Mine only had 520k memory and TOS 1.4? can't remember, however I really always wanted TOS 2.06 but thinking back can't remember why now!

Anyways real shame.

Last edited:
Soldato
Aww thats sad.

Hard to believe that Tramiel nearly had the Amiga chipset design for the Atari ST, just after leaving CBM.

How different things would have turned out.

Man of Honour
RIP Jack, I was there back in the day and you were one of the men back then, up there with that Apple bloke and the ginger nut, if not these days and if only for 15 minutes.

Deleted member 66701

D

Deleted member 66701

He was a bit of a **** though.

Seems like quite a few big Comp CEO's from the 80's and 90's were like that - i.e. Steve Jobs.

Soldato
...his journey from concentration camp survivor to captain of industry is the stuff of legends

Legend indeed! I still have a C64 and a case of games, was only talking to Jaymond the other day about getting it fired up once more. RIP.

Associate
RIP - not many people have a popular OS named after them (the unfortunately named TOS - Tramiel Operating System). I had both an ST then after an Amiga and without him I'd probably have owned neither.

I'm pretty sure TOS stood for The Operating System. A sad loss to a pioneer of computer gaming,

Back
Top Bottom