Crucial M4 128GB Firmware HELP!!

Associate
OK.

I just purchased a Crucial RealSSD M4 128GB.

I installed the dive and mounted it ok using windows 7 Disk manager.

As recommended I then tried to update the firmware to... Firmware Update Utility 0309.

The problem is I get this error...

Flash-004.jpg

Is there a problem with the drive or it is me..

Associate
OP
no mate sorry have you moved the original source file ?

The pic is coming up fine my end. Have checked it on a couple of computers so I am not sure why you cannot see it anyway...

When the crucial firmware boots up after a bit it states..

Finding drives...
Invalid Opcode at (then a series of numbers)

PANIC: MCB chain corrupted
System halted
Invalid Opcode at (Series of numbers)

dos mem corrupted, first mcb=025f (more numbers)

PANIC: MCB chain corrupted
system halted

Firmware Update Utility is 0309. In the device manager /Hardware ID it states the drive version as...

IDE\DiskM4-CT128M4SSD2__________________________0009____

I do not no whether this is relevent but I am trying to do this on my old 48 board which only has 3GB sata port.

Associate
OP
OK I found the problem.

For anyone else having similars problems.
I still had a couple of internal Sata Hard Drives attached. Disconecting them so that the M4 was the only drive connected allowed the firmware to complete.

Soldato
Firmware install instructions say you have to have the ssd on port 0 or 1, i.e. one of the first two ports on your mobo. Did you do this while you were still having the problem?

Associate
OP
Firmware install instructions say you have to have the ssd on port 0 or 1, i.e. one of the first two ports on your mobo. Did you do this while you were still having the problem?

Thanks for that tip I missed that bit.
No the M4 was not on port 0 or 1 until I disconnected the other drives, so that could also have been the problem.

Now on v. 000F so all good.

Don
Just ran the new 000F updater (I went from 0309 to 000F), no need to mess around with USB/CD's now, it runs from Windows and adds a temporary new boot entry. Auto-boots into that and runs the upgrade, then restarts the PC and you're back in Windows.

Quite a painless procedure!

Back
Top Bottom