Natalie (possible NSFW)

Soldato
Sup homies! I can't believe I'm actually posting some photos again, it feels good! The last year+ has been spent doing weddings, delivering photos, but not really sharing with anyone.

Anyway, I was away this weekend with the missus and before we went out I thought I'd grab a couple of shots of her. I'm quite pleased with how they turned out so thought I'd share. I've been keen to do this kind of shot for a while, so now we're planning on doing something with more thought in it :D

JPrWV.jpg

wxCjo.jpg

Soldato
Had a quick stab at processing from what you put up to see if it could get closer, hope you don't mind. I don't use presets, but I eased up on the blue curve at both ends (though I took more off of the dark end), hopefully this is sort of what you were looking for :)

05ySl.jpg

Soldato
OP
Nice, what lens did you use?

Thanks; Canon 35L

Had a quick stab at processing from what you put up to see if it could get closer, hope you don't mind. I don't use presets, but I eased up on the blue curve at both ends (though I took more off of the dark end), hopefully this is sort of what you were looking for :)

http://i.imgur.com/05ySl.jpg[IMG][/QUOTE]

That's much closer actually. I think I'll have another play with it this evening.

Associate
Hmmm, it's not one of your better shots I have to say SS...but it's still quite nice :)

One thing I just find distracting is the area of dark shadow at the corner of the eye, and it's not exactly flattering...and the B/W conversion only seems to accentuate it.

Could easily be softened in PS though (if you wanted to, that is).

Soldato
OP
Hmmm, it's not one of your better shots I have to say SS...but it's still quite nice :)

One thing I just find distracting is the area of dark shadow at the corner of the eye, and it's not exactly flattering...and the B/W conversion only seems to accentuate it.

Could easily be softened in PS though (if you wanted to, that is).

The bit at the top of her nose? I noticed that last night, I started to fix it but I messed it up and then couldn't be bothered to sort it. But now you've pointed it out I'll probably try and get rid of it.

Back
Top Bottom