• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

GTX 680 or 7970! another thread sorry!

Associate
Are you in a serious hurry?

If not people normally say ''just wait a little longer''.

Prices seem to be moving in one direction as more versions hit the shelves, and the competitive pricing on the 7970 shows that prices are being driven down slowly.

All in all, it depends on what you value. 7970 for 100£ less is excellent, and will offer you just as much as the 680. If money is no object and you want to go with Nvidia, then do as you please. You will find a lot of people suggest that drivers on Nvidia are better, but OC on the 7970 is better.

Associate
7970 isn't quite £100 less though, GTX680's are just about at the £400 mark and Ive seen a cheapest 7970 for ~ £340. I have this dilemma myself, but at the moment I'm leaning towards the Ati for a better price/performance ratio.

Associate
OP
I have an tx750 corsair it is tempting as my new rig will be ready by the end of the month/ beginning of April

Back
Top Bottom