Cabin In The Woods

Soldato
An absolute 10/10 movie for me. I've watched many more horror movies than your average filmgoer and this film had me stumped 90% of the time. Really wasn't ever sure what was coming next.

Very tongue in cheek in parts which works massively well to the films advantage but doesn't fall short on the gore front when required.

I should add I saw this film blind, i'd read a couple of reviews but hadn't watched a single trailer, I had a few free tickets and used them to watch this based on the hype. I'd have happily paid full price for this.

What else can I say, believe what folks are saying, really is a "game changer". Also believe it will be a very marmite movie, you'll either love or hate it.

Loved it...100 out of 10 :D

Hadn't got much faith in Whedon for the Avengers movie but after this I feel he may pleasantly surprise me.

Last edited:
Caporegime
Saw this last night instead of Battleship...missus won this round but next week Battleship:p.

Have to agree with the OP, definitely a quirky slash/horror movie....me and the missus enjoyed it, thought it was pretty decent...id give it a 9/10 though.

Loved the doped up guy the best, he was funny and the redheaded girl was kinda hot in a geeky way.

Soldato
OP
Did anyone else...

Try as hard as they could to see all the different ghosts/monsters/creatures in the glass cells and on the monitors when all hell broke loose, this is part of the reason i'd like to watch it again.

Also loved the bit with the japanese schoolgirls defeating the ghost

Soldato
OP
Whats the storyline, other than, you know, something about a cabin.....in the woods?

How much do you want to know...apart from the obvious, teens go to cabin, things go wrong, they get hunted by something and start dying.

Thing is, there is far more to this movie but I feel the impact would be removed to reveal too much. What I described above is a small part of it. ;)

Soldato
Well I assumed it was basically,

Exactly the same as the Friday the 13th remake, teens find cabin in woods, poke around what isn't their's, get drunk in creepy house, get killed by returning home-owner.

How different is it? without spoilers if possible? e.g. they go to house and get killed lol

Associate
I think I'm going to enjoy this one despite negative reviews in "the movie you watched last night thread". I enjoyed Blair Witch albeit some 2 years after it was released (avoided at the time due to all the hype/negative reviews).

Interestingly I was reading some random reviews on IMDB and in one of the reviewers sigs read

No two people watch the same movie.

I'd have to agree ;)

Soldato
OP
Well I assumed it was basically,

Exactly the same as the Friday the 13th remake, teens find cabin in woods, poke around what isn't their's, get drunk in creepy house, get killed by returning home-owner.

How different is it? without spoilers if possible? e.g. they go to house and get killed lol

It's really difficult to explain the difference without giving away most of the fun of finding out what the "game changer" is.

Let me just say it is NOT a generic slasher movie, it doesn't adhere to any horror movie conventions that anyone would be used to.

As I said in my OP, i've watched a lot of horror movies, really I have seen so many and i've never seen one like this before.

Soldato
I saw this last night too. It's insanely entertaining, original and a real breath of fresh air.

9/10

Certainly isn't what you would be expecting at all. In fact, the film immediately questions what you think the film will be about in the opening segment.

Definitely go and see this. It will blow your mind! :D

Don't watch the trailers. I did, and there's a small part in them that serves as quite a significant spoiler to how the movie pans out.

Soldato
It's really difficult to explain the difference without giving away most of the fun of finding out what the "game changer" is.

Let me just say it is NOT a generic slasher movie, it doesn't adhere to any horror movie conventions that anyone would be used to.

As I said in my OP, i've watched a lot of horror movies, really I have seen so many and i've never seen one like this before.

It does adhere to conventions thats part of the point.

I dont see what the harm is of spoiling some of the film. There's no twist, the movie doesnt make any secret of the fact that something different is happening right from the beginning.

It sets up lots of things that you know are going to happen(but its not dissapointing in spite of it).

Soldato
OP
It does adhere to conventions thats part of the point.

I should have said I meant as an overall movie, it breaks all regular horror convention. :)

Also...

Did anyone else believe the movie was over when the heroine pulled herself out of the water and you see her getting messed up by the zombie redneck as the "company" are having a little party. I thought for a few moments that was the twist everyone was going on about.

Last edited:
Soldato
Saw this last night also. Some moments made me lol...mentioned on here already. Go see it if your debating, its not what it looks like.

All I kept on thinking was zoolander...MerMAN.
the lambs have passed through the gate.........am I on speaker phone??

ok, i'll stop there.
Redhead is stunning btw.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom