• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

gtx 680 and asus gpu tweak

Associate
Hi fellas

is anyone using this.

i've been trying to use it but am a bit of a noob with this.

i currently have my oc set at the following

gpu boost clock 1175MHz (offset +117)

mem clock at 6108 (offset +100)

power target 120 (offset +20).

i've noticed (using furmark 'cos it lets you know temps) that unless power target is high enough, the gpu won't go as high as i have clocked it.

is this correct or is it because furmark isn't really powerfull enough for all the gpu clock to be used.

i make sure temps stay no higher than 76deg. this is how hot it gets at default so i guess it's ok. fan is set to 80% which i don't mind 'cos i use headphones so don't hear it.

any feedback welcome.

jb

Associate
Don't use Furmark to stress. nVidia and Ati throttle back their cards on this to protect the Hardware.

Best to run Heaven 3.0 benchmark on some repeating loops to check your overclock.

AM

Associate
OP
Don't use Furmark to stress. nVidia and Ati throttle back their cards on this to protect the Hardware.

Best to run Heaven 3.0 benchmark on some repeating loops to check your overclock.

AM

ok i'll try that.

anyone else.

seems there's lots of info for the amd cards but not much for a 680.

jb

Associate
OP
been having a play around

on heaven 2.5 my score went from 1907 to 2133.

dl'd 3.0 and clocked a little higher and scored 2056 with an average
frame rate of 81.6. settings as per the thread in this forum.

this was with +152 on gpu
+758 on mem
+32% on pt.

haven't tried higher yet but the clocks have been showing to go up to 1286
which is pretty sweet. not noticed any artefacts.

i custom the fan at 75% and the temps stay below 65deg.

i'm pretty chuffed atm.

jb

Soldato
My card is strange: with 127%, 150, 410 - I score 2150 (with the settings as per the thread) but if I go to 132%, 175, 410 - I score around 2100. Temperatures are all in check due to custom fan profile.

Associate
My card is strange: with 127%, 150, 410 - I score 2150 (with the settings as per the thread) but if I go to 132%, 175, 410 - I score around 2100. Temperatures are all in check due to custom fan profile.
Yeah, I get some inconsistent results - same with 3DMark11. I use PrecisionX and I think that the overclock isn't always applying properly, as sometimes it will be really obvious (i.e. half the framerate). It seems to do it more when I up the power, even though according to the graph it never actually gets up that high. If I run the same clocks with a lower power setting then everything's fine. Restarting helps some of the time.

Cranking up the power seems to cause more problems than it's worth. I've found 120% to be the sweet spot.

Back
Top Bottom