• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Sapphire HD6950 Problem

Associate
Hey guys!
I have just put in a RMA request for my HD6950 "Dirt 3 edition" due to a fan cutting out:
Video of What I Mean

Just started doing this one day, doesnt seem to affect performance in any way, but makes an annoying noise everytime it restarts itself.

Anyone had this problem before? Can anything other than RMA be done? Do you reckon they will replace? (about 7 months old)

Soldato
Hey guys!
I have just put in a RMA request for my HD6950 "Dirt 3 edition" due to a fan cutting out:
Video of What I Mean

Just started doing this one day, doesnt seem to affect performance in any way, but makes an annoying noise everytime it restarts itself.

Anyone had this problem before? Can anything other than RMA be done? Do you reckon they will replace? (about 7 months old)

It seems to be making the noise when it stops, not when it restarts and its the classic sound of it catching on something. Cant see anything obvious from the video but can you blow some airduster through it?

Associate
OP
Thanks Tribz, I did have a quick look, but cant see it catching on anything, looks like the fan is a tad loose, so maybe a bearing has gone?
But OcUK have given me a RMA number, so all is well. I will just be graphics card-less for a week or so =[

Also, cant fault OcUK service on this issue!

Back
Top Bottom