• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

EVGA 580 3G Classified to EVGA 680

Associate
Hi guys,

I just noticed something called the EVGA Setup programe, where I can trade in my 90 day old EVGA product for something new and pay the difference.

I have an EVGA 3G Classified 580 that i got two and a bit months back, and paid 437. I can trade it in and get the Standard 680 which on their site retails at 499.. so I'd be paying 62 pounds to swap out my card for the 680

Now my Question,

In your opion would it be worth it? I am switching out a 3G classified for a stock 680

I use res 1440p and play a lot of games. I only have 15 days left to make my choice and although i am very happy with my card, it seems like it would be a miss opportunity.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Soldato
I would do it and go for the 680 if the offer is valid. Sounds a good offer to me, I don't think you will miss the extra VRAM at that resolution and on 1 screen.

Soldato
Hi guys,

I just noticed something called the EVGA Setup programe, where I can trade in my 90 day old EVGA product for something new and pay the difference.

I have an EVGA 3G Classified 580 that i got two and a bit months back, and paid 437. I can trade it in and get the Standard 680 which on their site retails at 499.. so I'd be paying 62 pounds to swap out my card for the 680

Now my Question,

In your opion would it be worth it? I am switching out a 3G classified for a stock 680

I use res 1440p and play a lot of games. I only have 15 days left to make my choice and although i am very happy with my card, it seems like it would be a miss opportunity.

Thanks for your thoughts!

Can you step up to the 680 Classified ? I would do it anyway but nowt wrong with asking.

Associate
OP
Can you step up to the 680 Classified ? I would do it anyway but nowt wrong with asking.

haha that would eb a no brainer! but unfortunately no, they say on their rules and terms that step up only applies to reference stock speed cards etc. so only the vanilla 680

Thanks for all yoru advice.

Will I see any improvement then with the 680 over the classified?

Soldato
haha that would eb a no brainer! but unfortunately no, they say on their rules and terms that step up only applies to reference stock speed cards etc. so only the vanilla 680

Thanks for all yoru advice.

Will I see any improvement then with the 680 over the classified?

Depends on game, where you at stock with the 580 ?

Associate
I recently swapped from a stock 580 to a stock 680 @ 1440p. So not exactly what you're doing, but I've seen a significant improvement. I doubt there is any reasonable overclocking you could do to a 580 that would make it as quick as a 680, and the VRAM won't make any difference right now.

So you'll be paying £62 for a cooler running, probably quieter, definitely faster card, with more features than the one you have. NO, DON'T DO IT!

Associate
OP
I play lots of different games,

BF3
skyrim
Batman
WoW
Aion
SWOR

etc.

I have overclocked and have no real intention of OCing my card.

Seems to be a definate upgrade. also is there anything the 680 can do that the 580 cant? anything it supports esp. or is it purely a 10 / 15 FPS increase?

Thanks so much for all your input

Last edited:
Associate
Seems to be a definate upgrade. also is there anything the 680 can do that the 580 cant? anything it supports esp. or is it purely a 10 / 15 FPS increase

Adaptive VSynch, output to 4 screens, bindless textures, and dynamic clocking. Also driver level forced FXAA, I think.

Last edited:
Associate
OP
thanks for all your help,

I have done the Step up, (turns out i calculated it wrong) so it is only costing me 12 euros for postage.

But there is a massive queueso it will be a while before I send off my card / get my new card!

Your place in queue: #761 :)

Associate
thanks for all your help,

I have done the Step up, (turns out i calculated it wrong) so it is only costing me 12 euros for postage.

But there is a massive queueso it will be a while before I send off my card / get my new card!

Your place in queue: #761 :)

Wow that's some queue! Does it matter if you're waiting longer than the 15 days or do you just have to apply for it before your time limit is up? Great idea, more manufacturers should do it.

Associate
OP
Wow that's some queue! Does it matter if you're waiting longer than the 15 days or do you just have to apply for it before your time limit is up? Great idea, more manufacturers should do it.

Nope once I start the process my 90 day time limit is no longer an issue. (but i cant restart the process)

For £62 id say yes!

It's only going to cost me 12 euros now (the only thing i need to pay for is postage)

Associate
Driver fxaa is available on all cards from the 4 series and up, in fact their isnt anything that the 680 can do though drivers that the 4 series and 5 series cant, stuff like adaptive vsync. You just need to use 300 series drivers.

Back
Top Bottom