• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Possible details of the GTX670 and GTX660

Soldato
we'll have to wait and see on that one, last I heard the 660 was a GK106, not a cut down GK104 - that was going to be 670 and 670ti, so I was assuming the non-ti was going to be the 3/4 card and the ti the 7/8 card

Mal was also talking about a 250 quid card which would also tie in to that, as clearly the 7/8's of 680 card isn't going to be 250 quid

This thread is discussing the links the OP posted so it doesn't make a difference what you assumed. No one mention a card that was only 3 quarters of the 680 would match a 7970. The 680 has 8 SMX units, disabling 1 doesn't reduce it by a quarter.
Going by the links it seems the 670 will be slightly less powerful then the 7970 and cost approx £300 (Things are always marked up in the country). The 460 looks like it'll cost approx £230-£240. Prices are never like for like when discussing things in dollars.

Soldato
340...uh cheapest 7970 is 379...kinda close i'd be surprised if it's priced that much, although if the performance is near dead on to that 7970 would be understandable.

well if you look at the 7950 lets say 330 quid.... dont forget Nvidia are always way too expensive...sapphire 7950 is 323quid.

but, people like to buy what looks cool and macho, unfortnately the 670 looks like an ``Eco friendly leaf blower`` with no bloody personality at all, this put me off the 680 too..... it looks too bland, no WOW factor

Last edited:
Soldato
This thread is discussing the links the OP posted so it doesn't make a difference what you assumed. No one mention a card that was only 3 quarters of the 680 would match a 7970. The 680 has 8 SMX units, disabling 1 doesn't reduce it by a quarter.
Going by the links it seems the 670 will be slightly less powerful then the 7970 and cost approx £300 (Things are always marked up in the country). The 460 looks like it'll cost approx £230-£240. Prices are never like for like when discussing things in dollars.

*oooh handbags*

this thread is discussing 670 and whatever rumours people may have heard, Mal was dragging in info from other threads / posts / items... so was I in responding to him

Soldato
Oh yes. My 560ti kept me happily gaming for 18 months and good gaming at that.

yea i missed out on all of that, i built my first rig and just kept gaming, until a couple of years ago when i said it was time to update.... i never updated between, other than a few PSUs, time just goes so fast.

oh yea i blew a few GTXs OCing via Rivatune, but thast wasn't my fault.... i blame Crysis for that

because it's quite a shock to see the oc numbers for the 7970, i've written them all down, compared to those i put in for the GTX 8800 all those years ago, nobody told me i had no idea

Last edited:
Soldato
I want to buy a graphics card this week. Make the price drops happen! MAKE THEM HAPPEN.

it depends when the 670 is officially released, they cant do anything here till it is and next week might be two weeks too early.

just dont put up the price of the 7970s please........... pretty please !

Back
Top Bottom