*** The Official Diablo III Thread ***

Status
Not open for further replies.
Associate
This is correct, it was confirmed on the official forums last night. As long as you've made any old sigil for each class you will unlock the class specific sigils in game at some point after release.

This is what I thought. I have just been making random banners each week for the class of the week, since I assumed it only cared that you entered your email at the end for that class.

Associate
Does anyone know if there are items that only drop when you are playing with other people? I might be mistaken, but I thought that in D2 certain items only dropped, or had a higher chance to drop in multiplayer. The few times I played LAN it seemed I got the most uniques. I know in D3 they averaged out the magic find, so I don't see the advantage to playing multiplayer, other than wanting to chat to other players in game.

Soldato
Does anyone know if there are items that only drop when you are playing with other people? I might be mistaken, but I thought that in D2 certain items only dropped, or had a higher chance to drop in multiplayer. The few times I played LAN it seemed I got the most uniques. I know in D3 they averaged out the magic find, so I don't see the advantage to playing multiplayer, other than wanting to chat to other players in game.

In D2 at least, the more people in the game, the harder the monsters, the higher chance of dropping better items.

Soldato
I guess the modifier changes based on mob difficulty, the more people in a game the tougher the mobs and I guess the chance to drop rarer loot goes up.

Edit: Whoops, beaten :p Should refresh before posting!

Last edited:
Soldato
Never tried a blizzard rpg....

How addictive is this compared to stuff like skyrim? I completed Skyrim and have kind of called it at that rather than exploring some of the extra smaller stuff...

Actually how does it compare to TES, full stop...

Quite intrigued by the selling aspect as well...

How hard is it to get into the game storyline as well?

kd

Soldato
You can't compare it to Skyrim or any game like that, it's more of an action game really but I found D1 and 2 very addictive, it just ends up an eternal quest for better loot :p

The story is very easy to get into, I'd say you don't even need to have played D1 or 2 but it would certainly help, there's an overview of the story so far posted on the last few pages of this thread.

Associate
In D2 at least, the more people in the game, the harder the monsters, the higher chance of dropping better items.

That's what I mean - the monsters were harder and they dropped better loot, but so far for D3 all I have read about this is that monsters get more health based on the number of players. I saw many threads on the official forums whining about MF averaging in MP, but no-one said "who cares, in MP monsters drop better loot anyway". I know on each act on Inferno you get items you can't get any other way, so I am surprised Blizzard haven't promoted the fact that you get better loot in MP (if you actually do).

Soldato

There were ladder only items in D2 certainly (though very, very few of them) but nothing else that only dropped in MP. Think drop chances were improved with more players but don't quote me on that. Nothing like that here though.

Soldato
I expect some CE came on Amazon after people seeing the unboxing video and the Egg sized skull. The art books and stuff are cool though.

Soldato
Never tried a blizzard rpg....

How addictive is this compared to stuff like skyrim? I completed Skyrim and have kind of called it at that rather than exploring some of the extra smaller stuff...

Actually how does it compare to TES, full stop...

Quite intrigued by the selling aspect as well...

How hard is it to get into the game storyline as well?

kd

They're completely incomparable types of RPG IMO. That said, I've always found Diablo more addictive than TES games.. And I love TES games. :p

The Diablo franchise has an amazing story IMO. Though it might be worth watching the three lore vids that keep getting posted if you want to make the most of it. :)

Soldato
Good man for taking the time and effort to get some back story in it's well worth it - it's Blizzards best franchise imo.

Yeah I really enjoyed the videos, although it's actually really annoyed me now that I haven't played Diablo I & II after watching them. I would go and play both starting tonight but I seriously doubt I would have them completed in time for the Diablo III release. On top of the lore videos and the Diablo wikia site, is the 'Book of Cain' worth it? I bought this a few days ago it should be with me tomorrow, it looks amazing. Apparently gives a lot of history about Sanctuary and the Diablo series in general.

Soldato
is the 'Book of Cain' worth it? I bought this a few days ago it should be with me tomorrow, it looks amazing. Apparently gives a lot of history about Sanctuary and the Diablo series in general.

The book itself is amazing, all the illustrations and the map are lush. I'll admit though, I've yet to read it.

I'll wait until I've played the game to avoid any D3 specific spoilers. It's one of the best story franchises IMO, and there's a load of novels as well. :)

Caporegime
I just started the Book of Cain last night (I'd left it for a while as I wasn't sure if there were spoilers!) It's awesome so far, gives a nice history of the creation of the world and the battle between the demons and angels.

Soldato
I can't find the Book of Cain in stock anywhere at a decent price :(

I got it off a store on playtrade for £15.99 brand new which I think is pretty good considering I've seen it as high as £30 in some places if you want it new -_- .. If you actually go to play now, they have it for £16.64.

Associate
Yeah I really enjoyed the videos, although it's actually really annoyed me now that I haven't played Diablo I & II after watching them. I would go and play both starting tonight but I seriously doubt I would have them completed in time for the Diablo III release. On top of the lore videos and the Diablo wikia site, is the 'Book of Cain' worth it? I bought this a few days ago it should be with me tomorrow, it looks amazing. Apparently gives a lot of history about Sanctuary and the Diablo series in general.

Its my first diablo aswell. Loved the book of Cain, nailed it cover to cover, pretty sure you will too. Roll on next week!!! :D

Soldato
I just started the Book of Cain last night (I'd left it for a while as I wasn't sure if there were spoilers!) It's awesome so far, gives a nice history of the creation of the world and the battle between the demons and angels.

That's pretty cool, I might have to have a look then. :)

I've got the first of the Sin war books waiting to be read as well. I believe it's the first of the books that's canon with the franchise.

Soldato
I'm half tempted to get the Book of Cain to read while I'm without internet during D3s release week but I think that would only make me depressed :p

Didn't realise the diablo universe had a number of books set in it. Though that shouldn't really be a surprise now I think about it.

Soldato
Yeah the books are awesome, i'm not much of a reader but i'll take time away for diablo books :p

The older books clear up some things from D2 as well iirc

i might have to get them again as it's been a while lol

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back
Top Bottom