**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Associate
Does anyone here run this board with the Samsung green's?

I am having an issue where the XMP options are not showing up at all in 2D mode and in 3D mode it says it is disabled.

It is running at 1600 and all seems good but i got to get to the bottom of this :)

Here are some screenshots to explain myself:

FtJHY.jpg

0gCM5.jpg

2eyiU.jpg

vZdYo.jpg

Soldato
I'm on F7 bios with the same near enough the same spec as you I'll look when I get home. Ive never even seen the 3d bios options. How did you get the screen shots out of interest.

Caporegime
havnt had time to read through all the thread,any of you guys suffering from freezing/lock up issues?

fair few problems over at gigabyte/tweaktown forum

guy above plug in usb stick and press f12 to take screenshot of bios page

samsung green memory doesnt have/support xmp you need to manually set up/oc the ram in the bios

Associate
havnt had time to read through all the thread,any of you guys suffering from freezing/lock up issues?

samsung green memory doesnt have/support xmp you need to manually set up/oc the ram in the bios

The system froze once in BF3 last Saturday (could be BF3), but apart from that all good so far.

Thanks for the info about the ram wazza!

Last edited:
Caporegime
Associate
Great thread guys!

Lot's of useful info in one place, saves me some time as mine turned up today with a few other bits* and will be the base for my new build. :)

* = 3770K, 8GB Samsung green, HD7970, 120GB Intel 520, AX850, NZXT 810. :cool:

Going to move over my old 80GB Intel SSD and try using it as a cache for my 500GB RE4. Went for the 810 as though I'm going to run on air for a bit while I test out the kit I'm planning on water cooling it, possibly next month. And then look at case fans, cables etc to tart it up a bit.

Think I'll just flash to the latest official bios for now and then maybe try the beta one later on if needed.

Soldato
OP
Just curious, any of you use sleep mode? If so, what LED status do you get when it comes out of sleep mode? Mine states 03 but I don't see any info in the manual regarding that number.

Their is status D3 but that states 'CPU initialization error' I doubt it's that anyway.

Soldato

fair few problems over at gigabyte/tweaktown forum

guy above plug in usb stick and press f12 to take screenshot of bios page

As above I don't think the samsung memory has XMP profiles.

And yes my system has been freezing. I experimented with memory settings and CPU slight overclock but after having a few random freezes I've returned it complete to standard to see how it goes. Mine has been freezing when moving the mouse (or at least that's when I notice it has frozen)- system just completely freezes with mouse pointer not visible anywhere. Hasn't happened often. I'm awayfrom home again now so hopefully by the time I return bios/drivers will have sorted that issue and if the system stays stable for a few days will try optimising it again. I've run a few benchmarks and Prime 95 with memory and CPU increased and all seemed fine but still had the randon freezes only when using the Win 7 desktop (ie, moving mouse)

One question for you guys. When changing memory timings do you have to chang settings for channel A and B, or if you just change Channel A, does the system automatically apply the settings to channel B? Reason I ask is because channel A you can set to Quick (three options are Auto, Quick, Expert). Channel B only has two options - Quick and Expert. It's leading me to think that if you change memory settings for Channel A, they will be replicated automatically to channel B if all Channel B settings are left at Auto? I've not been able to find any software that reports in windows the memory settings for both channels. CPUID I notice shows the settings I use for Channel A hence another reason I'm wondering if the system automatically adjusts the settings for Channel B. If it's not the case it seems a bit rubbish to only report the settings for Channel A in CPU ID when the other channel could be complete different.

Associate
Just curious, any of you use sleep mode? If so, what LED status do you get when it comes out of sleep mode? Mine states 03 but I don't see any info in the manual regarding that number.

Their is status D3 but that states 'CPU initialization error' I doubt it's that anyway.

I came out of sleep mode today nelly and it was 03 also.

Caporegime
As above I don't think the samsung memory has XMP profiles.

And yes my system has been freezing. I experimented with memory settings and CPU slight overclock but after having a few random freezes I've returned it complete to standard to see how it goes. Mine has been freezing when moving the mouse (or at least that's when I notice it has frozen)- system just completely freezes with mouse pointer not visible anywhere. Hasn't happened often. I'm awayfrom home again now so hopefully by the time I return bios/drivers will have sorted that issue and if the system stays stable for a few days will try optimising it again. I've run a few benchmarks and Prime 95 with memory and CPU increased and all seemed fine but still had the randon freezes only when using the Win 7 desktop (ie, moving mouse)

One question for you guys. When changing memory timings do you have to chang settings for channel A and B, or if you just change Channel A, does the system automatically apply the settings to channel B? Reason I ask is because channel A you can set to Quick (three options are Auto, Quick, Expert). Channel B only has two options - Quick and Expert. It's leading me to think that if you change memory settings for Channel A, they will be replicated automatically to channel B if all Channel B settings are left at Auto? I've not been able to find any software that reports in windows the memory settings for both channels. CPUID I notice shows the settings I use for Channel A hence another reason I'm wondering if the system automatically adjusts the settings for Channel B. If it's not the case it seems a bit rubbish to only report the settings for Channel A in CPU ID when the other channel could be complete different.

yes you have to set the same timings for each channel a,b,ect

you can choose quick and it will set all channels at once but that tends to be less stable for some odd reason so id set the channels separately with expert

are you using onboard graphics? if so you might want one/two clicks more igpu voltage,try with one/two clicks more qpi/vtt voltage for the cpu imc and manually set dram voltage,again some users found that manually setting the bclk to 100mhz helped reduce/stop the freezing

Soldato
OP
itchy said:
Its E0 meaning S3 resume is stared :)confused:) (called from DXE IPL)

Out the manual !! :p
lol I never thought of that because A0 is from left to right looking into the case, but if it's E0 it's facing the opposite way... strange anyway. :)

Associate
Hey guys, I'm also using the same motherboard with a 3570K and had a question.

I'm unable to install or even find the Creative Sound Blaster MB2 suite from its own utility DVD. All I could find was a folder known as 'Dolby', which installed the dolby control center, but doesn't start up, giving an internal error.

Any help would be appreciated. Has anyone else been able to install the creative suite?

Associate
new F7b beta bios out guys for z77x ud5h,might improve stability/memory ect

http://www.mediafire.com/?v9syoctc8p2d3jd

heres full list of beta bios's for gigabyte

http://forums.tweaktown.com/gigabyte/28441-gigabyte-latest-beta-bios.html

Well, 8a doesn't fix the intermittent board lock-up issue that's for sure so may as well try 7b.

I love this board, but there's a limit to how long I can wait for a BIOS fix before an RMA looms if they don't sort out the lockup, I need a board that's stable above one that's feature rich...

Associate
so it went from f7a to f7 to f8a to f7b

whats up with that :p

unless there is more information i am sticking with f8a my computer has been running nicely for a solid week no crashers/lock ups since f8a

Last edited:
Associate
Maybe they're all fixes for different areas and that at some point all the changes will be tested and rolled up into a new release?

I see you're running a SB. I wonder if the lock ups only occur on IB, or of it's even something as simple as a faulty batch of boards?

Back
Top Bottom