Stuck Pixel Dilemna - Honest Opinions Wanted

Associate
Hi folks,

I purchased a Panasonic TX-P42G30B Plasma last week. The set is perfect apart from one stuck red pixel directly in the centre which I can just about see from my viewing position.

I have phoned the retailer and they have offered to exchange it. My question for you is (and this is to satisfy my low level OCDness more than anything) would you exchange it and risk worse defects on the replacement or would you put up with it? I have heard tell of green tint and loud buzzing which my current set does not have.............

Cheers.

Associate
Yea, youve got to be happy with it mate and if your asking about it then i can only assume that its playing on your mind already.

Just get it changed till your happy dude. I would.

Soldato
First plasma I had , came with a stuck pixel near center
Tried two different replacements with worse problems and ended up with the
first one again

Soldato
If you can easily see it from your seating position then I would try a swap as you'll always see it and eventually you'll wish you had swapped it out.

Soldato
It is far too subjective to have any relevance OP what other people would do. If I noticed a stuck pixel it really would drive me nuts. My wife though is either totally blind to them or, when she is shown them, simply does not care at all. Even worse than a stuck pixel is a not quite dead one. My wife had one flashing on her monitor and she told me, when I pointed it out (I mean it was like a flashing beacon), that she hadn't noticed it and it never did bother her.

You must be sitting close to be able to see one dead pixel of any colour but the point is you see it and it bugs you, hence your post, in that case would you not be better off changing it and deal with that issue rather then trying to pre-empt something which doesn't exist...?

Back
Top Bottom