**Official Gigabyte Z77X-UD5H Discussion Thread**

Associate
Let us know how it goes broo.

And tell us what the onboard x-fi sound quality is like compared to the dedicated card. Seemingly it is very good but i would love if you could let us know your judgement :)

Card gone, purged all trace of creative from windows and then rebooted, enabled onboard and installed driver from gigabyte website (not installed the x-fi thing from the cd) - all went ok.

Music sounded a little different but everything else seems the same. Only briefly tested last night with a couple of games/music but certainly no massive difference. If anything I actually prefer the realtek driver/software also which is a bonus :)

TLDR - It's good, no obvious problems or lack of quality.

Associate
Card gone, purged all trace of creative from windows and then rebooted, enabled onboard and installed driver from gigabyte website (not installed the x-fi thing from the cd) - all went ok.

Music sounded a little different but everything else seems the same. Only briefly tested last night with a couple of games/music but certainly no massive difference. If anything I actually prefer the realtek driver/software also which is a bonus :)

TLDR - It's good, no obvious problems or lack of quality.

Thanks for the feedback broo

Associate
Another freeze in BF3

VTT was at 1.15, DIMM volatge at 1.57, USB3 drivers uninstalled.

I guess i will take out my sound card and see if that makes a blind bit of difference :(

i always have this when my cpu had not enough vcore,but with Ivy it might be different...

Rab

Rab

Associate
UD5H - F9d, gave this ago. was total nightmare for me, before flashed back to f8.
needed loads more volts on oc, could not even get low oc stable, was getting constant bsods. back to f8 all good, tbh thou, 1st time ever tryed a beta bios, but thought would be better than this.

Associate
for me the f9d bios has been great, with the cpu pll over voltage i am using a lot less volts then any other of the beta bios

i now only need 1.310v for 4.5ghz oc and 1.360 for 4.7ghz

Associate
power surge on hub port Problem

Hi guys

I have the following issue with my new build rig that has only occurred today

This seemed to appear only once I installed TeamSpeak 3 Client (64 bit) and get the following problem:-

ja8kma.png

There is nothing a miss in device manager

The only USB devices installed/plugged in are:-

Keyboard
Mouse
Headset

If I try to reset the device from the window above the message goes off screen and then keeps repeating itself at various intervals of time

Any ideas guys?

Lew

Associate
Do you have any case USB ports plugged into the mobo's USB headers? (There are two USB3 headers plus two USB2 headers is memory serves me correctly. So for example, I have a set of four USB2 ports plugged in to the mobo and available at the back of my case, plus the two USB2 ports in the front of my case plugged in. If so, could the plug not be seated quite enough and so causing an error?

Hi guys

I have the following issue with my new build rig that has only occurred today

This seemed to appear only once I installed TeamSpeak 3 Client (64 bit) and get the following problem:-

ja8kma.png

There is nothing a miss in device manager

The only USB devices installed/plugged in are:-

Keyboard
Mouse
Headset

If I try to reset the device from the window above the message goes off screen and then keeps repeating itself at various intervals of time

Any ideas guys?

Lew

Associate
So i had another lockup in BF3 last night.

For the record i had one when i rebooted into the desktop and one when i rebooted into the BIOS. (Although the latter 2 could have been due to the first lockup)

So reluctantly i yanked my X-fi PCI out and am now using onboard sound with the x-fi emulation software installed.

It certainly is better than i expected sound wise, although having used the dedicated card for 4 years i had grown used to the sound of it so as of now i would have to say the dedicated has a more "full and rich" sound to it.

Anyways Double XP weekend so with plenty of time for testing i just hope there is no more lockups.

Back
Top Bottom