New Samsung S23A700D 120Hz

Soldato
I'm still waiting on my refund, it's taking an age.
Got an automated E-mail saying there's some delays and hold tight 'n all that.

When did you receive the email, Martini? It might have been paid in.

Did it say this:

"Good morning,

Due to the overwhelming response rate to this promotion, we are experiencing some slight delay in processing payments. I will escalate your claim details to our Accounts Team for prioritisation. Please allow 7-10 days for this to reach you.
Please accept my apologies for this delay. We thank you for your patience.

Kind Regards

Samsung VAT Back Promotional Support."

Call them on this number 0843 308 3776. It's the number I just rang. Ask them if they've done it yet, and check your bank statements.

Caporegime
Mine was ;

Thank you for your application to the Samsung VAT Cashback promotion.

We are currently experiencing a delay in the payment process for this promotion due to extremely high levels of participation.

We would like to keep you as informed as possible with the progress of your claim and wish to confirm that your claim is validated and will be paid, however there will be a delay and we appreciate your patience whilst we resolve the issue.

We apologise for any inconvenience caused.

Caporegime
Can't believe how much this monitor is going for now. Cheapest I've seen is £280, and everywhere else is over £300. That's like twice the price. Timing is everything eh! :D

Lol yeah. I got mine after I noticed your thread (Technically after the special price but I managed to get it at the special price:D) which is why I ended up getting myself one.

I had a Dell P2310h beforehand I managed to off at 110, so my Sammy cost me peanuts.

Soldato
Lol yeah. I got mine after I noticed your thread (Technically after the special price but I managed to get it at the special price:D) which is why I ended up getting myself one.

I had a Dell P2310h beforehand I managed to off at 110, so my Sammy cost me peanuts.

That's excellent, so the sammy probably only really cost you about £44 after you get VAT back. I've still got my LG 23" to sell. Judging by what my model has been selling for, it only seems to be worth around £70 max.

Associate
Can't believe how much this monitor is going for now. Cheapest I've seen is £280, and everywhere else is over £300. That's like twice the price. Timing is everything eh! :D

Are you sure that's not the 750D you're talking about?

EDIT: Wow I just checked the rainforest and the shipping bay and you're dead right! Half price :)

Last edited:
Man of Honour
Yeah I only bought it because of the price, from what I could see it was very rare for a 1080p 120hz screen including glasses to be under £200 so £154.15 looked a good deal. Gave my old 75hz 22" Belinea to my dad and relegated my 22" Viewsonic 120hz screen to secondary status, which is kinda overkill.

Still waiting for my cash mind. I'll wait until the 30 working days is up ~4th July then chase them up.

OcUK Staff
boo i guess a new model is coming soon??

Nope!
Was a crazy exclusive deal to OcUK, even more so with VAT back offer. We had 2000, now all gone!

Shall see if Samsung can source some from other countries for us but price be similar to competitors, a lot higher!

Soldato
Has anyone had to buy a longer DVI-D Dual Link cable for one of these?
I've bought 4 cables so far and while all will do 60Hz none except the stock cable will do 120Hz.
Can anyone that works at OcUK (i.e. Gibbo) tell me if any of the DVI-D Dual Link cables that OcUK stock are Guarenteed to work with this monitor at 120Hz?
My choice of case is sort of dependant on this.

and relegated my 22" Viewsonic 120hz screen to secondary status, which is kinda overkill.

I'm using a 2nd one of these as my secondary monitor! Until I can get all 3 working I have:
1 as main monitor
1 as secondary monitor (showing desktop with temp monitors etc.)
1 as an expensive paper weight that I'm not actually using (partly due to the cable issue above and partly due to Nvidia implementation of triple screens)

Associate
Has anyone had to buy a longer DVI-D Dual Link cable for one of these?
I've bought 4 cables so far and while all will do 60Hz none except the stock cable will do 120Hz.
Can anyone that works at OcUK (i.e. Gibbo) tell me if any of the DVI-D Dual Link cables that OcUK stock are Guarenteed to work with this monitor at 120Hz?

I'm also very interested in finding this out. I bought a 5m cable from the rainforest place but it only worked with 60hz.

Back
Top Bottom