New Samsung S23A700D 120Hz

Associate
Just got mine delivered today. Safe to say I am very pleased with them!. No dead pixels so far so fingers crossed it stays that way!.

As for the 3D I'm running a Nividia Asus 560ti and with the TriDef software I am able to play a variety of games in 3D no problem.
Games such as MW3 and Battlefield look completely different with the 3D giving you the depth of holding the gun and running past objects in game.
I have only experience cinima 3D so I have nothing to compare it to but seeing as I purchased them for other reasons the 3D was jut a bonus really!

Soldato
I've noticed a couple of brighter spots on mine... Is it backlight bleed ?? Only really notice them when the screen is white rest of the time its not noticable.

Associate
I've noticed a couple of brighter spots on mine... Is it backlight bleed ?? Only really notice them when the screen is white rest of the time its not noticable.
Yeah that will be backlight bleed. It's quite common with monitors getting thinner and thinner. I noticed mine has it slightly on the right side of the second monitor but tbh I can only tell when the screen is very dark

Associate
Bit random. Just wondering what you guys have been using to clean these monitors.

Received mine a few weeks back and decided the clean them for the first time today.
Using just the microfibre cloth provided because the screens are glossy just moved the dust around.

I then tried using my can of compressed air but agian due to the static it was unable to move most of the dust.

I then resorted to using a small amount of ordinary house polish which indeed has got rid of the dust. There is slight noticeable smear when in right kind of light when the screen is off but I guess this is expected with pretty much any liquid.

Just wondering it 1. It is ok to use normal house polish on a glossy LED screen and 2. If not what would you recommend?

Thanks!

Associate
Bit random. Just wondering what you guys have been using to clean these monitors.

Received mine a few weeks back and decided the clean them for the first time today.
Using just the microfibre cloth provided because the screens are glossy just moved the dust around.

I then tried using my can of compressed air but agian due to the static it was unable to move most of the dust.

I then resorted to using a small amount of ordinary house polish which indeed has got rid of the dust. There is slight noticeable smear when in right kind of light when the screen is off but I guess this is expected with pretty much any liquid.

Just wondering it 1. It is ok to use normal house polish on a glossy LED screen and 2. If not what would you recommend?

Thanks!

I just use the qconnect screen wipes (the ones that come in the box, not the tub!)

Takes a few to get it clean though - 2 or 3 in total.

Soldato
Hey guys, there's speckles of dried spaghetti bolognese sauce that have splashed on the screen :p What's the best way to clean it off without losing the glossy surface? Just use a damp microfibre cloth or some isopropyl diluted with water?

Soldato
The damp cloth. Maybe a cleaning solution if you have one but not IPA on anti-reflective surfaces.

Thanks. I dipped a blue microfibre cloth into some luke warm water, rubbed the spots off, rubbed and dried with a second micro fibre cloth until I got all smears off and it looks exactly like brand new again. :)

Just out of interest, how do you know the glossy screen has an anti-reflective coating? I've no doubt it has, but I looked up the spec on samsung's site and couldn't find a mention of it. Also, does this coating or the screen glossiness come off after a while, particularly if the screen is cleaned?

Soldato
I have mentioned it on several of my reviews and articles but agree that it isn't made clear on Samsung's own material. It uses a 'Samsung Ultra Clear' surface which uses some sort of silver nanoparticle lacing to reduce reflectivity. This is not just lightly sprayed onto the surface but is actually an intrinsic part of the layering. As such it would be difficult to remove by cleaning except if you use chemicals that really leach into the plastic (IPA can do this).

Associate
Has everyone had their cashback now?

If you have, can I ask what company name appeared on the bank statement for the transaction. I've had a payment paid to me, not even close to the cachback amount I'm expecting, but I've no idea who the company is or what it's for.

Associate
Has everyone had their cashback now?

If you have, can I ask what company name appeared on the bank statement for the transaction. I've had a payment paid to me, not even close to the cachback amount I'm expecting, but I've no idea who the company is or what it's for.

It will be from Opia LTD.

Associate
Got my monitor last night, I have to say the colours out of the box are fantastic compared to my old 2233rz - I tried some settings mentioned in this thread but found setting the brightness to anything below 50 just made it too dark for me personally.

I think I've become too comfortable with super-bright display set-ups, I'll start knocking the brightness down slowly to let my eyes get used to it - It can't be good for me having it on 100!

Only thing bugging me is whether I should have gone for the xl2420t, seeing as I only really use the display for FPS games I've read mutterings about the input lag being higher on the samsung? It could end up being a massive placebo though, doubt I'd notice much difference. :p

Associate
Hey guys, I bought my second S23A700D today, got the dual monitor set up all running. But there's one problem, mainly the colour...

img0665nu.jpg

I've done the same settings on both monitors. But obviously the one on the right seems to like it's yellow tint a bit too much.

Anyone know how to fix this? Or have I got a dud monitor?

Soldato
Just ordered myself one of these to replace my acer 120hz i cant take anymore of that awful buzzing my acer has it drive me loopy :o

I hope the samsung is pretty much silent :p

Soldato
Just received one of these today. It's a lovely monitor especially for a TN. I'm sure when it's set to 120hz I can see a small amount of flicker but it could just be my knackered eyes.

Really nice monitor.

Soldato
Hmmm I'm now getting a bit fed up with this monitor now.

Every other game I play the monitor seems to auto detect 3D mode even though I'm not using 3D. This puts the screen into the horrid slow 3D mode and it stays that way even after exiting the game. There does not seem to be any way of stopping this other than re-starting the pc.

Has anyone experienced this or might have an idea of how to stop it as it is really annoying.

Back
Top Bottom