Back to work after paternity leave

Soldato
at the expense of seeing your son?

my dad did that when i was young. he wonders why i rarely bother to speak to him and we arent close.

a lot of people i know have sacrificed family for money. all of them are now divorced. at least the big pay packet helps you pay child maintenance and 2 mortgages....

i would seriously think about it.

I don't need to think about it, I'm cool with how things are. We have time in the evening, weekends, during my generous holiday allowance and the time I can work from home.

In return he gets a nice house, nice things, will go to a decent nursery and I'll give him the best chance of following in his Dad's footsteps ;)

Caporegime
How did you settle back into work, I've had 14 days off and feel quite depressed that I have to return back tomorrow. Been receiving regular updates from work as to the workload and expecting 50 hour weeks with an hour commute so 7am I leave work and arrive home 7pm. :( will be very hard tomorrow am :(.

Flexible working hours or a more accomodating job is what you need.

Congrats on the child :)

Caporegime
at the expense of seeing your son?

my dad did that when i was young. he wonders why i rarely bother to speak to him and we arent close.

a lot of people i know have sacrificed family for money. all of them are now divorced. at least the big pay packet helps you pay child maintenance and 2 mortgages....

i would seriously think about it.

Have to agree here, I could be off contracting earning loads of money but leaving my wife and kids at home lots.
Instead I earn a half decent wage and do what overtime I can but be home and see the family as much as possible.
I'd rather us all enjoy what we have than provide lots but not be able to enjoy it.
If you can handle being away and the reward is acceptable then cool, but it's not for me :)

Soldato
I'd echo what others have said. Time to change your priorities if you possible can and re-arrange things a bit. You can never get this time back.

Congratulations though it's a special time - enjoy it.

Man of Honour
You've been off work for 14 days and are wondering how to settle back in.

Have you never taken leave before :confused:

Be thankful you actually have a job, and brought a life in to the world successfully. Things could be much worse, it's hardly anything to get depressed over.

Soldato
Im lucky - I get (or got as im defo having no more) 4 weeks paternity on full pay ontop of normal leave entitlement for both my kids

Luckily my company is also very very good with flexible working

Soldato
I used to work 12/13 hours a day 6 days a week. Since our daughter has come, dont work half as much as that. spend loads of time with my daughter and just love it, ok money has taken a big hit havent upgraded the computer for over 2 years. but just love spending time. Well not now she is teething.

Is only just teething at over 2 years old? Bit late isn't it?

Soldato
I don't need to think about it, I'm cool with how things are. We have time in the evening, weekends, during my generous holiday allowance and the time I can work from home.

In return he gets a nice house, nice things, will go to a decent nursery and I'll give him the best chance of following in his Dad's footsteps ;)

ok. but expect to not see

first crawl
first words
first walk
first laugh

and dont expect them to learn the word daddy too quickly. in a few months he will be in bed by the time you get home. you literally will only see him at the weekend. enjoy that great bonding you will have.

its odd i can provide all those things working 4 days a week and seeing him for 2-3 hours every night.

why do you think he will follow your footsteps? he wont know who you are...

sorry to be a downer but you sound like my dad. his biggest regret is now that he didnt spend enough time with family.

Man of Honour

first crawl
first words
first walk
first laugh

and dont expect them to learn the word daddy too quickly. in a few months he will be in bed by the time you get home. you literally will only see him at the weekend. enjoy that great bonding you will have.

its odd i can provide all those things working 4 days a week and seeing him for 2-3 hours every night.

sorry to be a downer but you sound like my dad. his biggest regret is now that he didnt spend enough time with family.

What an appalling, dismissive, over-the-top, un-empathetic and judgemental diatribe. By the way, how much do you want for your crystal ball? It would be useful for my work.

Soldato

first crawl
first words
first walk
first laugh

......daddy issues.....

Back
Top Bottom