• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

660TI SLI vs single 680

Soldato
Personally I wouldn't SLI/Crossfire a pair of cards that only got 192-bit memory bandwidth...256-bit has to be the minimum, from principle's standpoint (regardless what the current performance of the card is).

Soldato
I asked the same question a few weeks back. In the end i decided against the 660s due to the 192bit bus which wouldve held them back with AA/AF on.

At the time a pair of non Ti 660 cards wouldve cost me £360. So then i thought well shall i get a 670 for £300. That was the option i went for until i got to ocuk and realised they had an EVGA 680 on offer for £320 odd quid.

Soldato
I asked the same question a few weeks back. In the end i decided against the 660s due to the 192bit bus which wouldve held them back with AA/AF on.

+1

You have significant GPU power with 660Ti's but performance is going to drop off quite considerably when AA is applied. Kind of defies the point of going SLI if you can't have maximum settings AND maximum eye candy.

I would get a single 670 - Gigabyte WF 3x and add another 670 if you want to later down the line.

Soldato
get a 670 one of the ASUS Dicrect CU / Gigbyte windforce / EVGA FTW card as these perform the same as a stock 680.

saves cash and brillint performance.

The EVGA GTX 670 FTW also uses the 680 pcb and cooler.

Back
Top Bottom