What are you like before a big derby?

Soldato
How do you get pre big derby games?

Toon/Sunderland this weekend and it's already getting tetchy up here :p

I live in a town between the two so it's 50/50 split Toon/Mackem. Most of my mates are already laying into sleazy other claiming they are going to hammer the opposition and they are **** etc.

Personally I just gdt really nervous and don't trash talk as I know if I trash talk we'll get beat :p I just keep my head down, get more and more nervous and celebrate like mad if we win :D

What do you lot get like?

HAWAY THE LADS!!!!

Caporegime
I no longer care, Liverpool aren't a big club to measure ourselves against anymore. Beating them is like bragging about sex you paid for.

It used to be really tense especially in the 80's but it doesn't worry me anymore.

Associate
Celtic dont have a derby anymore as Rangers died ;)

When it did take place, would get nervous from the Monday, rage at all the ex-players who come out of the woodwork and make stupid comments in the papers - Mark Hateley, Craig Burley etc.

Times have changed.....the ex-players spouting rubbish hasnt though.

Caporegime
I'm ok before most big matches in general tbh, I was really nervous before the last game of the season when we got promotion.

I get really excited before we play the other team in Sheffield, but it always turns to nervous just pre kick off.

Last edited:
Soldato
Hate the build up to Utd Liverpool games. I work in Warrington full of plastic Scousers. ALWAYS giving it the big 'un before the games. The games are always tense and usually poor footballing affairs.

Soldato
Can't stand the build up to the north london derby. I'm always a bag of nerves, swearing/kicking off about anything and everything that a player does wrong. I can't handle pressure you see lol.

Used to hate playing united a few years ago too as they always seemed to be crucial title matches but not any more :o

Caporegime
Have to listen to all the plastic mancs come out of the closet everywhere, claim I think we'll lose, secretly imagining Suarez cheating to win whilst extremely nervous.

As for Everton, Rafa put it well

Soldato
How do you get pre big derby games?

Toon/Sunderland this weekend and it's already getting tetchy up here :p

I live in a town between the two so it's 50/50 split Toon/Mackem. Most of my mates are already laying into sleazy other claiming they are going to hammer the opposition and they are **** etc.

Personally I just gdt really nervous and don't trash talk as I know if I trash talk we'll get beat :p I just keep my head down, get more and more nervous and celebrate like mad if we win :D

What do you lot get like?

HAWAY THE LADS!!!!

Well the arsenal vs spurs games has been prosponed due to ticketmaster crap system. no red members can buy atm

Soldato
Beating them is like bragging about sex you paid for.

That made me lol r/t

To be fair though most pay for sex one way or the other even if its not directly :):(

Have to listen to all the plastic mancs come out of the closet everywhere, claim I think we'll lose, secretly imagining Suarez cheating to win whilst extremely nervous.

Bitter much?

However much City are more of a league rival for Utd than Liverpool currently, Im always more tense about the latter games, and always had more of a derby feel to them (and probably always will)

Last edited:
Caporegime
Its a bit of a joke Frank lol (Suarez bit, not all of my 'manu' mates suddenly appearing)

Mind you if it happened I wouldn't complain

Caporegime
Pot Kettle much ?

I regard plastic as those fans who really only appear for big games/when doing well. I certainly support my team a lot better when I go to matches than a lot of scousers who winge constantly. So no, not really.

Back
Top Bottom