Star Trek : Into the Darkness, watch first 9 mins @ The Hobbit

Soldato
Just read this over on Blastr. Seems that the first 9 minutes of the new trek movie will be shown in 3D iMAX screens during the trailers for The Hobbit.

Paramount Pictures has announced that the first nine minutes from the sequel, which is titled Star Trek Into Darkness, will be shown in IMAX 3D at approximately 500 digital IMAX 3D theaters starting on Dec. 14.

That happens to be the same day that The Hobbit: An Unexpected Journey opens in IMAX 3D (among other formats), so it's not much of a leap to assume that the exclusive Trek preview will play in front of Peter Jackson's new Middle-earth epic.

Of course, what we'll actually see in those nine minutes will no doubt remain a secret until that date. But IMAX chairman Greg Foster said, "Our longtime partners J.J. Abrams, Bryan Burk and the Bad Robot team have really hit it out of the park—the footage is absolutely incredible. Their use of the IMAX camera and canvas is sure to impress current and future Star Trek fans alike, and we're thrilled to once again work with our friends at Paramount Pictures to offer this extended 'first look' at this highly anticipated summer blockbuster."

Another reason to be excited for December!!

Soldato
OP
Or a good reason to avoid watching The Hobbit at IMAX.

Why would you want to watch 9 minutes of a film and then have to wait 6 months to watch the rest?
:confused::confused::confused::confused::confused:

For me this is a much better option than a trailer, i remember watching the Avengers trailer and there's a scene shown where hulk jumps up a building and catches ironman. I was waiting for this for the entire movie only for it to spoil it at the end (yes we all knew he wasn't going to die, but still)

Watching the first 9 minutes shouldn't spoil the film, plus Abrams has probably written it maybe to introduce how the film is going to go. (eg klingons or romulans) It'll more likely be a platform for him to show off the 3D used within the film (and the ineviatible Abrams lens flare) This should excite fans of the reboot, and perhaps entice a new audience.

Either way, I can't wait!! Dwarves and Klingons in the same session? Make it so!!

Back
Top Bottom