Feeling a cold, exam approaching

Permabanned
Chaps and chapettes,

I've been feeling pretty second hand today, achey back, rough throat, general fatigue - textbook signs of a cold I reckon. So I've cancelled my planned revelry just in case. However, Tuesday and Thursday next week I've got some pretty hefty professional exams and don't want to be sick for them (studying all weekend).

Any suggestions for fighting back before it starts? Dram of brandy/whiskey/port? Hot showers? Lots of sleep? Lots of liquid? Caffeine? What do you lot do at the first sign? I'd rather avoid cold and flu meds as they just stop the symptoms.

Technically not a medical thread ;)

Cheers!

Caporegime
Well all you can do is stop the symptoms, otherwise get down the gym and get your self a load of testosterone from some sted head that boats your immune system :p

Man of Honour
If you catch it early enough first defence nasal spray really really does work - problem is you need to catch it at exactly the right point.

Other than that I stir some honey into hot lemon/orange cordial and/or drink plenty of whiskey but that just helps to offset the symptoms a bit.

Last edited:
Caporegime
It would have quite the opposite effect, too much test is an immunosuppressant.

No it's not, you're either confusing testosterone the "steroid" with corticosteroids prescribed by doctors for inflammation etc.

or you're referring to tests where they give insane doses to in virto cells or small animals. It's not observed in humans.

Soldato
I try and nip it in the bud and drink some blackcurrant Lemsips. I like to think that 50% of the time they stop it there and then, but I could also just be imagining it all....like a placebo effect.

Back
Top Bottom