7 day insurance for 22 year old?

Soldato
Does anyone know of any companies that will offer 3-7 days insurance to a 22 year old for a Civic Type R?

It's my dads car and he's going away for a week and will be using mine due to the practicality and the boot space etc. I will then be left without a car, well except his! He has no problems with me driving it if I can get insurance of course. My policy doesn't have a "DOC" entitlement unfortunately.

I'll no doubt end up with ridiculous quotes!

Soldato
OP
RAC HPI check comes with 7 days fully comp insurance, you could be buying it?

There is actually talks of me buying it off next year. However I know it's obviously not stolen or written off.

Would they not find a clause in this? I.E. He's my dad and got the same surname etc. Also with the type of car and insurance group.

If not. Sounds great!

Soldato
On the other thread you wanted advanced training to get into another more powerful car. How long is it till your dad goes away?

If you are gonna drive his Type R pretty soon and possibly buy it, wouldn't IAM being closing the door after the horses have bolted?

Soldato
Experience of a friend of mine would suggest it's easiest and cheapest to add you as a named driver on his policy for a week or two.

Associate
Buy a full term insurance policy and cancel after seven days and you will be refunded less the administration charge (for Admiral/Elephant it's £22.50). I doubt there's a cheaper alternative.

Soldato
it'll probably be cheapest to put you on his policy

This.

I was put on my mum policy at the age of 22, cost about £20 for the week IIRC. It only cost £25 a week to insure me on my brothers RS4 when I went to Germany a couple of weeks ago as well...

Soldato
7 Day insurance probably won't cover you.

I bought a HPi check that came with 7 Days Drive away insurance, they said NO. WE CAN'T INSURE YOU. Yes, they used caps lock on the phone.

I'm 23. Insured through Elephant at the moment on my FN2. Is your dads an FN2 or EP3? ;)

Associate
Go on your dads policy for the week. I did this a lot before I got my car between the age of 17 and 19. Normally about £25 for a week, £35 for 2 IIRC. Wasn't a huge amount.

Soldato
OP
On the other thread you wanted advanced training to get into another more powerful car. How long is it till your dad goes away?

If you are gonna drive his Type R pretty soon and possibly buy it, wouldn't IAM being closing the door after the horses have bolted?

I'll be using it to go to tesco, not track days. So no advanced training needed just yet haha.

Back
Top Bottom