Windows 8 - Metro Custom Wallpaper?

Associate
Hi,

I'm currently running Server 2012 on my file server box. This if course comes with the metro start menu. I've had a play around with it via remote desktop and I like that you can install your icons/tiles using OblyTile. Some excellent tiles. Looking forward to setting custom game tiles. I'll probably end up getting Windows 8 when I upgrade my gaming PC.

My question is can you apply a custom wallpaper for the Metro screen itself. I can't find an obvious way to do this. Only allows me to pick from the default colour list.

Regards,
Andy

Soldato
Will it ever be posible to have you actual live desktop as an image background for the metro screen? By that I mean your desktop with its own backdrop and all your icons showing as a background screen behind the metro tiles. I don't have win 8 yet but from from I have seen so far I would use it solely as a start menu replacement and thus only ever use it when firing off a desktop program. For the momentary times I access metro to do this I personally would like to still be able to see what is on the desktop. This could be slightly blurred if need be to differentiate desktop from metro, in the same way win 7 Aero window bars blur the background.

Doubt this will ever happen but its certainly the way I would like it if I was forced to change to win 8.

Back
Top Bottom