Price for Computing Shop to Overclock...

Associate
Hi All!

Since I'm a Little scared to do it myself, How much (Approximately) would it cost for a Computer shop to overclock my i7 to lets say 4.4GHz? Also whats the best heatsink to buy? How would the Arctic cooler 13 Pro CO Heatsink be for an overclocked i7?

Thanks

Kriss ;)

Soldato
As you know, you will need a decent cooler, I hear thermalright are good so you could take a look at them as they are on offer at the moment, easiest way to overclock is in the BIOS, first thing to check is if memory is running at correct speed, there should be a setting in BIOS to enable XMP profile (use google to check how to do it on you model of motherboard).

Then on to overclocking the CPU (once you have fitted adequate cooling) it can be just a case of changing the Multiplier for the CPU, go to 42 at first, boot up into windows and check temps and then run Prime95 to check temps are good while under load, it is usually quite safe to just stick with what voltage the board sets for the cpu if you are aiming for 4.4ghz, anyway if everything is good at 42 multi, go back into BIOS and change to 44 multi, test again with Prime95 and check temps while under full load.

Permabanned
if you`re really scared of bios.. Pretty sure ASUS has their own overclocking software, but its not advisable... Keep it below 1.40volts set multiplier to about 46 and voltage to about 1.34 should be good start. Setting multiplier to above 50 and voltage above 1.40 can be a bit dangerous, but usually if something not stable system just powers down and BIOS is reset to stock, so pretty much no chance of frying up PC.

Back
Top Bottom