Thumbnails and images not loading well on certain sites - could my router be the cause of this?

Associate
Hello, before I start here's my info:

Browser: Mozilla Firefox
Router: Belkin ADSL2 + Modem Wireless-G Router (however I'm receiving the Internet through an Ethernet Cable to my PC)
ISP: AOL

My router is a Belkin Wireless-G, but like I mentioned above I am not using the wireless, instead I'm receiving the Internet from the router via an Ethernet Cable to my PC. Only someone else's laptop uses the wireless.

Recently for the last year or so, I've noticed that when I visit certain sites like eBay, DeviantArt, Flickr, Webshots, etc. not all the thumbnails and full images load. Only some of them load, and the rest do not load at all. The ones that don't load usually show the waiting to load message or the circle loading animations. I would say that there are more images that do not load rather than load.

The strange thing is for example, if I browse eBay through a proxy site all the images DO load up straight away? :confused:

I've used my router for 2+ years pretty much consistently. Could my router be the problem or could it be the ISP?

Can anyone help?

Associate
OP
Tried changing DNS servers?

How do I do this? Sorry I'm a bit of a novice to Networking/Internet.

Same antivirus or advert blocker on both machines?

Nope different Antivirus and different firewalls on each system.

Tried a different browser?

Yes I have tried Firefox, IE, Opera, Comodo Dragon. Same result.

The really weird thing is when I run the problem sites through a proxy site, they show up immediately! :confused:

Back
Top Bottom