14 years ago I may have been playing HL

Soldato
Indeed.

I was playing it at 640x480 on a 15" CRT using a Diamond Voodoo and an AMD K6-2 :D

I remember that opening sequence on the train and at the time thought the graphics were amazing. For some reason i also associate leftism by leftfield with that game - probably listening to it at the time of playing.

Man of Honour
I was playing it on a 3dfx voodoo and a matrox mystique on a pentium 133. I also bought unreal at a similar time which was comically slow on that machine.

I upgraded to a pentium 3 700 with a voodoo 3, which played both games amazingly well... Then off to uni I went.

Good times. Yet far too long ago.

Associate
Awesome game and at the time ground breaking. Would love to see the 3rd come out and finish the story off. The whole FPS genre needs a shot in the arm now after becoming so stale.

OcUK Staff
OP
I remember that opening sequence on the train and at the time thought the graphics were amazing. For some reason i also associate leftism by leftfield with that game - probably listening to it at the time of playing.

The opening sequence was brilliant! :D
It is what I remember the most really, I guess because it is the first you see and at the time is was brilliant, I can honestly say the whole Half Life series has changed the way of gaming in my opinion. :)

Back
Top Bottom