USB 3 Front Ports

Soldato
EDIT: Tested my rear ports now and same issue.

Untill earlier today my front USB3 ports worked fine, backward compatible e.t.c

My MOBO is a Asrock X79 Extreme 9.

Restarted machine and now they aren't working properly. They are supplying power as I can see the devices plugged into them lighting up. But obviously the system isn't recognizing them.

Any ideas?

Cheers,

James

Last edited:
Soldato
I've had the same issues with my Gigabyte one where it had to re-install the drivers each time until I do a cold boot which is wierd. Have you tried cold booting to see if that makes any difference?

Caporegime
If you look in device manager is the USB 3.0 hub listed there?

You've been moving graphics cards around so have you checked nothing has been knocked loose?

Try reinstalling the USB 3.0 drivers.

Soldato
OP
I've had the same issues with my Gigabyte one where it had to re-install the drivers each time until I do a cold boot which is wierd. Have you tried cold booting to see if that makes any difference?

I have tried rebooting. Making sure the panel header was in the board properly. I then tried it on a different usb3 front panel header, still the same. It gives power just no data line.

Caporegime
I had a problem with the usb 3.0 ports on my Asrock board as well at one point. A similar problem to the one you are experiencing if I remember rightly, except it was with my rear ports. What solved it in the end was going into the BIOS and locating a setting to do with backwards compatibility, and changing it to enabled (?)

My case does not have USB 3.0 on the front though, so the solution for you may be different. Look for a setting to do with front panel USB 3.0 in the BIOS perhaps, and double check that the front panel USB 3.0 connector is connected to the motherboard header correctly.

Apparently the USB 3.0 controller on my board is a bad one. I'm not sure if your board would use the same one or not.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
I had a problem with the usb 3.0 ports on my Asrock board as well at one point. A similar problem to the one you are experiencing if I remember rightly. What solved it in the end was going into the BIOS and locating a setting to do with backwards compatibility, and changing it to enabled (?)

Apparently the USB 3.0 controller on my board is a bad one. I'm not sure if your board would use the same one or not.

Pretty sure this was enabled for me when I checked yesterday. Il double check when home.

The annoying thing is, they just stopped working after a reboot.

Back
Top Bottom