eBay Issue

Soldato
Ok. So, I have sold a very nice T-shirt on eBay and got the money. Posted it earlier. Got back home to be informed that this BNIP Adidas T-Shirt is a fake. Girlfriend got it me but I never took it out of the packet, she said it cost her £5, I sold it for £15.

Now, It looks real, has the tags and what not, should I message the buyer and inform him of this or just wait until he receives it and go from there?

Soldato
Entirely depends on how you feel about it the situation and how you would feel if the same thing happened to you.
On the one hand you've got the argument that if the buying doesn't notice then what harm is being done? He thinks he has a legitimate product, anyone looking at it will see the same.
However you then need to ask yourself how would you feel in that situation?
If you had bought a fake item but simply didn't know then you probably wouldn't care.

I guess first thing is to wait for feedback. If he complains then your hand is already played for you - admit to the error, issue a refund and ask for the item to be returned.

Only you can really decide if you want to warn in advance, play it by ear, or ignore.

Soldato
I just bought something that turned out to be fake so I contacted the Seller and he was understanding and said he had bought it in good faith, apologised a number of times and refunded my money. Be a nice guy about it :)

Soldato
Do the right thing and tell him that's its fake and give him the cash back :) because unfortunately you can be held liable for reselling counterfeit goods - even if you didn't realize that that's what they were.

Back
Top Bottom