• Competitor rules

Please remember that any mention of competitors, hinting at competitors or offering to provide details of competitors will result in an account suspension. The full rules can be found under the 'Terms and Rules' link in the bottom right corner of your screen. Just don't mention competitors in any way, shape or form and you'll be OK.

Of shuts off with xfire

Associate
I have crossfire 6850's and when I play a gpu intensive game the pc shuts down, I tried the cards on there own and they are fine could this be due to having them running on a low spec 550w psi or are they faulty cards? Cheers

Ps, by shut down I mean pc just instantly turns off, I have latest drivers :)

Sorry for the title spelling mistake

Last edited:
Soldato
I have crossfire 6850's and when I play a gpu intensive game the pc shuts down, I tried the cards on there own and they are fine could this be due to having them running on a low spec 550w psi or are they faulty cards? Cheers

Ps, by shut down I mean pc just instantly turns off, I have latest drivers :)

Sorry for the title spelling mistake

PSU make and model?
Rest of PC spec?

Soldato
Any chance you can take a picture of the label on the side? Or anything, chances are it's the PSU. CF 6850s system load is about 400W, a cheap 550w wouldn't make anywhere near rated spec....the ripple at load would also be causing damage to components in your rig as well.

Normally has something on the side, like 12v1, 12v2 etc and a amp rating underneath.

One of the main reasons never go cheap when buying a PSU, stick to reputable named brands.

Back
Top Bottom