holy ****, a SAAB!

Soldato
From a few years back...

holy ****, a SAAB!

And its happened again.

After a bit of deliberating about needing something more economical for a new job, I picked this up today (Apologies for the crap pics, Exeter is currently mostly underwater and its tipping it down outside!)

yFxUB.jpg

TkbHG.jpg

UNs0Y.jpg

It's a 1 owner 2008/58 9-3 Vector Sport 1.9 TTiD 180. I wanted something that I could enjoy but with a decent element of relibility. These GM 1.9 TDi engines seem to be very reliable and the TTiD seems to suffer fewer EGR problems than the TiD.

It's a great drive, quite a surreal power delivery with the twin turbos - it's definitely a diesel but without the lag. 0-60 in 8s so its pretty pokey. 100k on the clock but feels solid as a rock and it's been properly looked after. Came with a comprehensive 12 months warranty, 6 months tax, new MOT. It's last service at 90k had new brakes all around, 4 new michelin tyres and the cambelt/water pump.

The facelift removes a lot of the quirkyness from the inside but its still very much a Saab and it feels altogether more solid than my old prefacelift Aero. No squeeks, rattles, clunks or oddities. It averaged 63.2mpg back from South Wales, which I'm rather pleased with :)

To do - sort out the drivers seat bolster (Typical Saab issue) and put in a nice double DIN head unit/navigation system.

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
Has it had the flywheel done? If not, expect a bill soon.

Also, how much?

Not that I'm aware of. Flywheel troubles are very much dependent on use, I suspect this has spent most of it's life on motorways. I've read about these on 150k+ on the original flywheels.

£3k plus my old Lexus

Soldato
Not that I'm aware of. Flywheel troubles are very much dependent on use, I suspect this has spent most of it's life on motorways. I've read about these on 150k+ on the original flywheels.

£3k plus my old Lexus

And what was the lexus worth? How much would it have been in cash monies.

Soldato
OP
Just dont try and take it round any corners, you'll feel sea sick!

Lol, tell me about it. Fortunately, having owned one before I knew what to expect in that regard! Plenty of poke in a straight line to make up for it though :)

When I see those rear lamps i'm thinking "is that black electrical tape.....nice :p"

Otherwise, enjoy what looks like a lot of car for the money.

Yeah it does stand out against the red in the picture! It's not as noticeable in the flesh and at least they dont have the 9-5 spectacles!

It really is a ton of car for the money.. ~£5500 for a 4 year old 1 owner car of that spec and condition is superb IMO

Soldato
OP
Get it waxed....no excuses. :D

Does the current weather not count as an excuse?

Have to admit, I'm looking forward to when its sunny again and I can give it a proper clean and polish. The bodywork is absolutely mint and I do love the colour, it should look cracking when its all shiny

Man of Honour
Soldato
OP
http://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/Saab-9-3-...arts_Vehicles_CarParts_SM&hash=item4cfc4552c3

£160 for a dual mass is a bargain, my mate had a 58 plate ttid 180 likes yours i loved it but he did a lot of short trips, the dpf blocked up and somehow caused the engine to suck its own oil in, the pistons ended up melting he sold the car as spares and repairs :(

Hmm not bad - a friend runs a garage so it wouldnt cost a huge amount to fit if I ever needed it

Apparently these respond very well to DPF cleaner, it's on my to-do list!

Man of Honour
deffo get that dpf cleaned, love your car, my mates was a black aero with xenons and the in built sat nav il try find a pic, his was on 130k miles dmf was fine btw

Last edited:
Soldato
OP
deffo get that dpf cleaned, love your car, my mates was a black aero with xenons and the in built sat nav il try find a pic

For 7 quid for the fluid it seems like a no brainer.

I did look for the Aero but the extra premium for a body kit, xenons and a boost guage was a bit rich for me. The head unit is coming out anyway, even if it had factory nav there's no way to integrate an ipod so it's got to go!

Soldato
OP
To be honest I'm not really that bothered, the standard headlights seem pretty decent anyway

Other priorities at the moment - head unit and new carpet mats mainly!

Back
Top Bottom