Problem with wifi/autosync on Android

Associate
Not sure if this is more related to my phone or network, so feel free to tell me I'm in the wrong place!

Basically, we had a new router from Virgin today, the "Superhub" whereas previously we were on the older router/hub. We had some issues getting it activated, but that's all sorted now and the hub works fine - my PC and my family's PC can access the net perfectly, and so can my phone (HTC Desire Z running CM7.2). I use a separate wireless router as the old hub's wireless kept dropping out and the range was awful, no settings have been changed on this whatsoever.

The issue is, that since the new hub went in, my wifi icon stays white, it doesn't go green to indicate a connection to the Google server, and the autosync doesn't work. If I open up Gmail and hit refresh, it picks up my emails just fine, I can send and receive emails perfectly, and I can also access the internet through my phone's browser, browse the Play store, etc. I've rebooted the phone several times, tried a battery pull, enter Clockword Recovery and cleared the cache partition and Dalvik cache (may seem unrelated but worth a shot), and cleared the Gmail cache. If I switch to mobile data, that goes green, and autosync works fine.

Can anyone give me any ideas on what to try next? It seems very odd that I do have a working connection, but autosync still won't work.

Associate
OP
Where would I look for that? If I go to Settings/Accounts & Sync and click on my Gmail account, Contacts, Gmail and Calendar are all checked, and say they have synced at 19:28. Under the account it says Sync is ON, and on the power widget I run on my main screen, sync is enabled. I've tried toggling sync on and off, with no success.

dp_

dp_

Associate
@CaptainUnlikely Have you made any more progress? I'm having exactly the same problem but only over my work's Wi-Fi. As soon as I move out of range my 3G kicks in and my Gmail syncs. Auto syncing also works fine over my home Wi-Fi.

Associate
OP
@CaptainUnlikely Have you made any more progress? I'm having exactly the same problem but only over my work's Wi-Fi. As soon as I move out of range my 3G kicks in and my Gmail syncs. Auto syncing also works fine over my home Wi-Fi.

Still the same issue on my home wifi, yeah, other wifi is fine. I'm in the process of moving house so when we get a connection sorted there, I'll see what happens, as we'll be with Virgin again so using the same router and access point as I am now. It's a very strange one, and I can't seem to find many ideas from searching the web either.

Soldato
My auto syncing wasn't working at all with the super hub for the first couple of days after installation but now it's fine. Haven't changed anything I can remember.

This is hardly useful info but hey ho :o

Associate
OP
An option if you hate the superhub (which I completely do) is to enable modem only mode and just keep using your old router.

I already am, the old router was a steaming POS when it came to wireless so I expected no better from the superhub :p
That's why I'm confused really, because there's been no change other than the modem itself, the router is the same.
I've moved into my own flat now so I'll see what happens when we get a superhub of our own I guess, and update the thread accordingly for the curious.

Associate
OP
Quick update - all working perfectly at the new flat, with the same model superhub and the same router I was using at my parents' house. The connection goes green and autosync works perfectly on the superhub alone, or with the hub's wifi disabled and going through my router's wifi just as it was at my parents'.
Very odd!

Soldato
I'm having loads of issues with my Superhub since moving from O2 to Virgin. I think I'll probably do the same as Myshra and use modem only mode with a different router, it's just a bit of a pain to have another box lying around and plug socket used up. The issue I have is that quite often devices won't connect to the wireless and I have to restart the router to get them to work again. Devices already connected stay connected fine.

Back
Top Bottom