help out an old man

Associate
Hope this is allowed by forum rules, apologies to mods if not and please don't ban me.

An elderly friend has a DVD player that is UK so will play region 2 discs. Their son has sent them a copy of some obscure film that he is in only it's from canada maybe US, not sure. Problem is it won't play on his DVD player as it's not the right region code. I know some players can have a series of numbers put into the remote to remove the region coding but that's where my knowlede ends.

Any great guys out there know where I can find the numbers for a Panasonic DMR-EZ48VEB ???

All help appreciated and you'll make an old man very happy to see his son in a film, and before the ribbing starts, no it's not that sort of film

Soldato
Hope this is allowed by forum rules, apologies to mods if not and please don't ban me.

An elderly friend has a DVD player that is UK so will play region 2 discs. Their son has sent them a copy of some obscure film that he is in only it's from canada maybe US, not sure. Problem is it won't play on his DVD player as it's not the right region code. I know some players can have a series of numbers put into the remote to remove the region coding but that's where my knowlede ends.

Any great guys out there know where I can find the numbers for a Panasonic DMR-EZ48VEB ???

All help appreciated and you'll make an old man very happy to see his son in a film, and before the ribbing starts, no it's not that sort of film

Just google for region codes associated with player. Im on my phone at the mo so cannot do it for you.

Last edited:
Soldato
If it's an original/legitimate copy you are in possession of, rip the region code out of it with DVD shrink or something like that; assuming you do not wish to spend any money, as you are allowed to archive.

Back
Top Bottom