**Australian Open** Tennis Jan 14th - 27th

Associate
well this match started off very messily, but it's quite compelling now. Kvitova just held on in a very tense game, so it remains 2 breaks a piece in the third.

Soldato
Get in Robson!!!! :D

eyebrows.gif

Man of Honour
Murray is through after beating Berankis 6-3 6-4 7-5, by the sounds of it not his best tennis against an awkward opponent but at least he's through to the next round. And Laura Robson is unfortunately out now with a 5-7 3-6 loss to Sloane Stephens.

Soldato
OP
Murray is through after beating Berankis 6-3 6-4 7-5, by the sounds of it not his best tennis against an awkward opponent but at least he's through to the next round. And Laura Robson is unfortunately out now with a 5-7 3-6 loss to Sloane Stephens.

Better to have your poor match now than later :p

Still a straight sets win for Andy!

Simon next who played in a 5 set match with Monfils, Andy has a good record against him so not really worried about the next match.

Also Del Potro crashed out so the draw has opened up now and should be a simple route to the Semi now.

Sharapova absolutely destroyed Venus 6-1, 6-3.

Man of Honour
Better to have your poor match now than later :p

Still a straight sets win for Andy!

Absolutely it's better to do it now rather than later when he's likely to have less chance to recover from a few less than brilliant games - as you say though it was still straight sets regardless. From what I've read Berankis has only fairly recently recovered from injury so he could be one to look for in the future also.

Soldato
OP
Absolutely it's better to do it now rather than later when he's likely to have less chance to recover from a few less than brilliant games - as you say though it was still straight sets regardless. From what I've read Berankis has only fairly recently recovered from injury so he could be one to look for in the future also.

Yeah I read that about him, essentially shot up the rankings and then hit with a series of injuries. He had also trained a lot with Murray pre-tourney so the understanding of his game showed.

Certainly happy with the way the draw has opened up now, Murray v Fed in the semi will be interesting to see how that plays out. I think there will be a changing of the guard this year.

Fully expecting Murray v Djokovic to dominate in the hard courts for sure.

Soldato
OP
Wawrinka is 2 breaks up (4-1) in the first set against Novak...he is playing amazing so far!

Accuracy with his Back Hand has been spot on and it was a phenomenal rally to get the break.

*EDIT* Takes the first set 6-1 :eek:

Will probably lose in 4 now :p

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom